• 13(current)
[RELEASE] Gamma-X (formerly called "Xbox Net Loader") Xbox game manager and launcher
that was weird.

i was writing the post above, don't know how that blank one happend. didn't see it until i posted this one.
(ruuk @ feb. 06 2006,14:34 Wrote:affini:
  the way the script works:
  1) first it fetches a 'tree' listing of files and directories that are in the url path.
  2) then it goes through that list to see if there are any that match your exceptions, and removes them from the list
  3) then it fetches what is left in the list into your xbmc directory including full paths.
  4) then it does the copies.

so if you have for example

e:\apps\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc_dir path="e:\apps\xbmc"
source url="smb://office;xbox:xbox@office/xbmc"

and within office/xbmc there is

xbmc\xboxmediacenter.xml
xbmc\default.xbe
mymods\xboxmediacenter.xml

then after you run the script on your xbox you will have

e:\apps\xbmc\xbmc\xboxmediacenter.xml
e:\apps\xbmc\xbmc\default.xbe
e:\apps\xbmc\mymods\xboxmediacenter.xml

all files in e:\apps\xbmc will not have been changed at all.
the exceptions will still work as you have them and the copies will also still work as you have them, but nothing else will have changed.
all the files will be fetched, but to the wrong location.
but everything would mostly seem like it was working fine.

i see what you are trying to do having a directory with the new files and a directory with your mods, but i don't understand why. it seems like the point of the exceptions is so that you can keep your mods on you xbox and update without overwriting them.

the problem with re-working the script as you said is that if the url does not point to the dir containing the xbmc files, there is no way for the script to know where the actual xbmc files are located.
i could add an xml setting for that, but then the script still doesn't know where to put the files that are not in the actual xbmc tree.

it would help me out to know why you have exceptions for files that you later overwrite with your mods, because, like i said, it seems like you should just keep your mods on your xbox...

i don't really want to change the way the script works (except for anything broken Smile ), because i'm happy with the basic function and would like to keep it as simple as possible.

ruuk
my logic for having a mymods folder, separatre from the xbmc folder is as follows...

\xbmc
- contains the latest cvs build
\mymods
- contains any modified files i want to use in place or in addition to the xbmc cvs build

keeping these separate allows me to update the cvs build at any time and never worry about overwriting my modifications.

having a mymods folder allows me to have custom scripts, home.xml, other xmls, etc that are easily accessible and i can modify as needed (dialogsubmenu.xml gets changed often as do updated scripts). it allows allows me an easy way to backup the files for safety reasons.

i want to "reapply" the mymods everytime so i'm sure to have the latest script modifications and xml files, expecially since the skinning engine has been changing a lot and i have been modifying the xmls to accomidate.

hope this makes sense? i think it would be a good idea to accomidate a root share & folder method... it should not require much additional code then you already have and allows much more flexibility.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
ruuk,
i'm positive there is a bug in the code. as i stated before the way i had it was working in the past... but being forgetful as i sometimes am i figured i'll try it your way.

i reworked my xml file to conform to your requested design. please notice the root now containes all files and folders as they are in the xbmc build...

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<xbmc_update>
<!-- where xbmc is installed on you xbox !-->
<xbmc_dir path = "e:\apps\xbmc" />

<!-- optional tag if you want to check for changes in the changelog !-->
<!-- befor doing anything. set check to "true" if you want to use !-->
<!-- it, and fill in the url path and the name of the changelog file !-->
<check_changelog check="" url="ftp://user:pass@office/xbmc/xbmc" file="changelog.txt" />

<!-- ftp or smb url to the location of new xbmc dir
<source url="smb://"computer";"user":"pass"@192.168.2.3/x/xbmc" /> !-->
<source url="smb://office;xbox:xbox@office/xbmc" />

<!-- put the relative path for each file and directory you do not want !-->
<!-- copy to your xbox. !-->
<exceptions>
<dir path="web" />
<dir path="mymods" />
<file path="xboxmediacenter.xml" />
<file path="filezilla server.xml" />
<file path="skin\project mayhem iii\pal\home.xml" />
<file path="skin\project mayhem iii\pal\dialogsubmenu.xml" />
</exceptions>
<!-- put relative source and absolute destination for every file you !-->
<!-- copied to an alternate location after all files are fetched. !-->
<copies>
<file name="xboxmediacenter.xml" dest="e:\apps\xbmc\_xboxmediacenter.xml" />
<file name="mymods\xboxmediacenter.xml" dest="e:\apps\xbmc\xboxmediacenter.xml" />
<file name="filezilla server.xml" dest="e:\apps\xbmc\_filezilla server.xml" />
<file name="mymods\filezilla server.xml" dest="e:\apps\xbmc\filezilla server.xml" />
<file name="skin\project mayhem iii\pal\home.xml" dest="e:\apps\xbmc\skin\project mayhem iii\pal\_home.xml" />
<file name="mymods\pal\home.xml" dest="e:\apps\xbmc\skin\project mayhem iii\pal\home.xml" />
<file name="skin\project mayhem iii\pal\dialogsubmenu.xml" dest="e:\apps\xbmc\skin\project mayhem iii\pal\_dialogsubmenu.xml" />
<file name="mymods\pal\dialogsubmenu.xml" dest="e:\apps\xbmc\skin\project mayhem iii\pal\dialogsubmenu.xml" />
</copies>
</xbmc_update>

and i still get the same exact error...

Quote:traceback (most recent call last):
file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xbmcupdate.py", line 179, in get_xbmc
fetch = browsers.samba_file_fetcher(list=list,total_s=self.size,loc=self.browser.path,pbar=self.progress,source=source,settings=settings)
file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xnlmodules\browsers.py", line 582, in
self.init()
file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xnlmodules\browsers.py", line 639, in init
self.file = open(self.local_path,'wb')
ioerror: [errno 2] no such file or directory: 'e:\\apps\\xbmc\\error:not folder'

i'm not sure why you are focusing on the pathing for the pc when it does not seem to be the issue (if the error msg is correct). the problem looks to be in the code determining the xbox path.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
works like a charm!!
all images from my & my friends saves/xbes work perfectly
thanks for trainers un-rar :thumbsup:
i run xbmc update from my ftp without problems

request from my friends
so-called "clear install" of xbmc delete all configs and temp files which are creates by the script

is it possible to shift this file outside the q drive (mayby saves folder or xyz drive)?

smuto
affini:

the error has to do with smb.

whenever you see 'error:not folder' that is smb.
a few versions ago i reworked smb to use some of the xbmc httpapi smb listing functions, because the smb module would only list the first 32 entries of a directory on a windows computer.
'error: not folder' is what the xbmc httpapi returns when it can't satisfy your smb request.
what is happening is that the script is using the httpapi to get a directory listing, and then either part of all of that listing is returning that error. it then tries to write get the list of files (which for each file starts by opening the local copy of the file) and gets to an entry named 'error: not folder' which i assume it is not able to create because of the ':' which causes the error:
ioerror: [errno 2] no such file or directory: 'e:\\apps\\xbmc\\error:not folder'

hope that makes sense. i guarantee you that the error is caused by smb Smile

what would really help me is if you could use the netloader app (xnetload.py) and go to app config and try to browser your share from the browser server button.
leave off the share and path in the url.

let me know how much you can list, and try all the dirs in your xbmc dir if you can. if you don't get a share list, try some other things in the url like the computer ip instead of the hostname.
it is possible (probable?) that the problems started when i changed the way smb worked. in any case, even if it worked for you before i "fixed" it, it was still broken and would only get the 32 entries per directory.

ruuk

Quote:what would really help me is if you could use the netloader app (xnetload.py) and go to app config and try to browser your share from the browser server button.
leave off the share and path in the url.

trying to browse from netloader, i use
Quote:smb://xserver;xbox:[email protected]/

what i see is a list of all my shares
Quote:[dir] scripts
[dir] xbox
[dir] findnemo

if i choose any one of the shares i get the same thing:
Quote:[dir] ..
error:not folder

when i back out of the script and press the white button, i only see --> python initialized <-- and then nothing else.
i know that the script is reading from the server because if i add a new share it will show up if i browse again.  
is there a way to turn on extra logging or debugging?  
where are the bookmarks stored as i would like to try a dozen or so different url formats but typing each one ain't gonna happen via my controller.  No

i am using 0.9991b, my server is win2kpro and all shares/files have permissions set as everyone/everything.
:tear:
Quote:traceback (most recent call last):
file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xnlmodules\appconfig.py", line 241, in oncontrol
self.control_response(control)
file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xnlmodules\appconfig.py", line 251, in control_response
self.configure_wrap(item)
file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xnlmodules\appconfig.py", line 325, in configure_wrap
name = self.make_config(default=item)
file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xnlmodules\appconfig.py", line 447, in make_config
{'source':source,
indexerror: list index out of range

error.log with xrp server
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Gamma-X (formerly called "Xbox Net Loader") Xbox game manager and launcher0