Broken XBMCMail (E-mail Script for XBMC)
download: http://ccgi.eleclan.co.uk/screens/msnx.rar

from thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=20937

oh n btw gr8 job on xbmc mail :kikass

hopefuly some1 wil pick up on msnx soon as well, diaqdave said he would if we're interested but we havent heard from him since...
Xbox Version: 1.0
Mod Type: Hardmod (Chip)
Modchip: Xecuter 2.6 CE
Bios: X2 5035
Dash: XBMC/EvoX/UnleashX
I'm happy to hear someone picked up this mail script to improve it.
I was looking for an easy way to delete some mails and therefore I made some changes to the original script.
Since Stanley picked this up I think we will get much more additions to come.
Good work !Laugh
Exclamation 
jonkersm Wrote:I'm happy to hear someone picked up this mail script to improve it.
I was looking for an easy way to delete some mails and therefore I made some changes to the original script.
Since Stanley picked this up I think we will get much more additions to come.
Good work !Laugh

Hi, Thanks,

How did you do your email delete function? As with pop3, the emails aren’t actually deleted until mail.quit() function is called. This is annoying, as then you need to log back in and get all the emails again. What I am planning on doing is (already have it 90% working) when you are browsing the emails, and you press "Y" on an email. It asks you if you want to delete the email, then if yes, the mail.dele() function is run. But the mail.quit() is not and the email is simply removed from the list. Then when the user exits the script or checks another email addy, the mail.quit function is then run and the emails are deleted from the server.

What do u think?
Stanley,
This is exatly the way to do it.
I read that you delete all mails downloaded from the server when quiting ?
I prefer leaving all the mails I don't delete ,on the pop server so I can still download them with my pc, even if they have been stored on the Xbox.
Since every mail has an unique number you will have to download only the ones you don't have already on your xbox.
Rainbow 
jonkersm Wrote:Stanley,
This is exatly the way to do it.
I read that you delete all mails downloaded from the server when quiting ?
I prefer leaving all the mails I don't delete ,on the pop server so I can still download them with my pc, even if they have been stored on the Xbox.
Since every mail has an unique number you will have to download only the ones you don't have already on your xbox.

Hi, the newest script you should receive very soon (tonight I hope) is a much better improvement. On first start up, there is the option to keep all emails on server or not. If yes is selected. All emails are kept 100% in tact on the server and I've been working very hard on a quick way for the XBOX to detect what emails it has and hasn't and have got it working very well. With each email it downloads, it also downloads an email "ID" to a separate file on the xbox. These id's are about 1kb. So when cross-checking emails between the xbox and server, only 1kb is exchanged per email and this results in VERY fast cross-checking. And if an ID is found on the server, which is not on the xbox, then that email is downloaded. My old way of doing it where it downloads every email AGAIN then checks it against the emails it already has was so slow and not worth it.
Also fixed a few little things (settings menu with MC360 would not show highlighted selection) etc.

If no is selected then emails are deleted off the server when downloaded to the xbox.
:-D
Stanley87
Exclamation 
Thing is, with the first option, when the emails are deleted on the xbox, they aren’t actually deleted off the server. I will hope to change this in the future and have two options - delete off server? or delete from xbox inbox?. For the server part, its abit harder but is doable using the ID files to find the correct corresponding email that has been selected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCMail (E-mail Script for XBMC)0