• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Gamma-X (formerly called "Xbox Net Loader") Xbox game manager and launcher
ruuk,
any thoughts on morphing this script into a xbmc update script?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
great

one save problem
0fffdaed.zip

smuto
smuto

thanks. i will check it out.

affini

i've been thinking about it since you first mentioned it (sorry i didn't say so Smile ). i'm trying to finish some things on my todo list before i before i start something major. most likely i will write a separate but integrated script. it seems like it will not be to complex to do, but more likely to tick people off it it doesn't work (and blows up someones install Smile ) i'd really like to make it download from x bins and install from that, but they always have them in .rar format there, and i don't think there is any way to extract from .rar on the xbox, unless i go crazy Smile and try to port the unrar source to python.

anyway, i let you know here when i start it.
go ahead and give me any ideas you may have on what it needs to do, in case i'm not thinking of everything (which i'm positive i'm not Smile )
(ruuk @ oct. 22 2005,16:06 Wrote:affini

i've been thinking about it since you first mentioned it (sorry i didn't say so Smile ). i'm trying to finish some things on my todo list before i before i start something major. most likely i will write a separate but integrated script. it seems like it will not be to complex to do, but more likely to tick people off it it doesn't work (and blows up someones install Smile ) i'd really like to make it download from x bins and install from that, but they always have them in .rar format there, and i don't think there is any way to extract from .rar on the xbox, unless i go crazy Smile and try to port the unrar source to python.

anyway, i let you know here when i start it.
go ahead and give me any ideas you may have on what it needs to do, in case i'm not thinking of everything (which i'm positive i'm not Smile )
i was actually thinking, to start with at least, just pulling the updated files from a lan machine (via smb), not x binz.

reason for this....

many people compile thier own
x binz builds are usually old
many people dl from torrents

i thought starting with a script that allows us to quickly update via a local source (lan) would be best. then if you wanted to extend to wan/internet sources, you'd already have a base to do it with since you'll be pulling the files local no matter what.

i personally would want the local support and not internet unless someone had a place with daily cvs builds. i don't like the mod'd builds with all the extra scripts and such.

my initial post with the idea has a scheme to filter what is copied to the xbox and what is not. this is ideal for managing your own mods in conjunction with new builds.

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
smuto:

where did you get this save?
new version v0.992

+ change game category from main (use x button)
+ took drive letters out of .zip backups, (more standard)
+ fix bug with images in unsupported format (thanks to smuto =] )
+ support images in bmp format

smuto:

the images in the save you gave me were in .bmp format, which the script didn't handle, but this showed a bug in handling unsupported image formats. bmp is easy so i added support for it.

please try the 'update script' button to update and test the new update features. Smile

ruuk
'update script' just freeze on changelog
Quote:where did you get this save?
all my friends starts testing this script :thumbsup:

can u add default image in case when there is no save image?
can u add counter for items in savelist - label with number of all saves

smuto

hey smuto,

i've got default thumbnails in, i'll post an update soon.
i was wondereing, what is the 'music overlay' window you are talking about?

ruuk
'music overlay' window is ... 'music overlay' window
musicoverlay.xml file in skin directory define this window
new version!

v0.993b

+ online help (press 'y') for:
main window
app config (browser) window
save manager window
web saves window
app saves/info window
source edit window
+ make fetches cancellable (finally! =] )
+ refresh save manager after delete
+ default thumbnails
+ show total saves in web saves
+ changed the type dialog in the source editor
+ fixed lockup bug with update (xbmc bug)

enjoy!

'music overlay' window when i change window to windowdialog class

but something is wrong with controls (dialog loadsave starts with every action)

gamma-xpmiii.zip

Sad 
i dont know.. if its just me.. or im just getting the wrong idea on this app... but this lets you stream iso's?., xbox games.. or.. xbox apps?? Shocked

or im tottaly getting the wrong idea on this app.., and its just a game-save- manager?
dnt think it streams more of copies.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
ok, first of all, i want to know a little bir more about this script. i know that it was formerly titled xbox net loader, and i know that it has a game save manager. i may be confused or just dreaming, but in the readme, does it say that you can "fetch" apps/games off of a ftp / http / xrp / samba share? at least this is what i thought it did. if it doesn't, then stop me here, because this is my whole intention is to stream games off of a computer hard drive and run them on my xbox.

if that's what this script is suppossed to do, then i think i should be doing everything alright. i ran into a few problems.

the first was the game save manager. by the way, i'm using the newest version of gamma-x and i've uninstalled and reinstalled and i still run into the same problems.

when i click on save manager, i get this:

also, when i go into the app config, browse my computer, find an xbe and hit a on it, i get this:

ok so now we know you should check the log.... can you post that? btw what build date are you using?

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Gamma-X (formerly called "Xbox Net Loader") Xbox game manager and launcher0