xbmc wont connect to internet
my xbmc will not connect to the internet, in settings it says its connected but i just get a failed to connect to url error when i try connecting to any addons

12.0 “Frodo”

windows 7 home premium
intel 64 bit core 2 duo
4 gb of ram

debug log http://pastebin.com/i8y1nJ2w
You don't have a filter on your router blocking the term 'ad' do you? This was the problem for another user recently.

Else you need to use normal windows ip testing tools like ping ipconfig etc
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
no i don't have any phrases on my router blocking anything, i cant seem to figure this out. ive been trying for like 2 days
Does the underlying os have net connectivity.

ping 8.8.8.8
ping www.google.com
ipconfig

Ouput of those commands please.

PS don't put the http:// part in the ping command, the forum adds it automatically.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If you want to easily check net connection, you can use weather or the RSS feed. From the log it looks like an icefilms issue maybe? We don't give ANY support for that here.
I'm having the same exact issue. I have connection under windows and my browser, xbmc says connected, but weather and any plugins do not have connection. I've made sure that xbmc is allowed through my firewall as well.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Terry>ping 8.8.8.8

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=48ms TTL=50
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=50
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=48ms TTL=50
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=49ms TTL=50

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 47ms, Maximum = 49ms, Average = 48ms

C:\Users\Terry>ping www.google.com

Pinging www.google.com [173.194.75.106] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 173.194.75.106: bytes=32 time=56ms TTL=43

Ping statistics for 173.194.75.106:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 56ms, Maximum = 56ms, Average = 56ms

C:\Users\Terry>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 3:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::6d7f:8855:fec0:eb83%11
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.3
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Tunnel adapter isatap.{2629A91E-4AB6-49B5-9730-8CCC12EEC9AD}:

Tunnel adapter isatap.{AB794DE6-3C42-4066-AF13-B8110B8ADB1E}:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:3050:1e5d:b83f:201c
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3050:1e5d:b83f:201c%14
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

Tunnel adapter isatap.{6938BEEA-43C8-4680-9A10-37E29E837800}:

Tunnel adapter isatap.{E8F23802-5BEF-4129-A259-1AA05066F54C}:

C:\Users\Terry>

It's not my router settings either because I can connect fine on my other laptop and my galaxy s3 through the same wifi network.
You need to upload a debug log (wiki) to www.xbmclogs.com that shows you trying to access the network (e.g., weather) from within XBMC. Post the assigned URL for your uploaded log here.

One thing to check is that the following setting is not enabled: System/Settings > System > Internet access > Use an HTTP proxy server to access the internet
Nasty you clearly have internet access.
Weird, I started logging, then did a reboot through xbmc (didn't know it was going to restart my computer, thought it was going to restart xbmc) and when it booted back up my connection is working fine now... Guess I just needed a reboot. Thanks for the help though. I'll post back here if the problem happens again!
First time user, having same issue but no luck on reset. I posted the log per instructions.

XBMC Log

Oddly too, the weather service function does work, but it does not find any add-ons.

Under Network Information it says Link: Connected, MAC address is blank but occassionaly flashes something, and Internet: Not Connected. Check network settings.

Thanks for the help.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

(2013-03-17, 01:29)zlindp Wrote: First time user, having same issue but no luck on reset. I posted the log per instructions.
Where did you post it? You need to provide the assigned URL for your uploaded log here.

Quote:Oddly too, the weather service function does work, but it does not find any add-ons.
You don't find add-ons where? To install add-ons: System/Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > select a repository; select an add-on category; select an add-on to install.
(2013-03-17, 01:29)zlindp Wrote: XBMC Log

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4897

The link is above, as a URL posted as hyperlink before.

I am aware of how to access the addons. I have XBMC working fine on another Win 7 machine on the same network.

There is an obvious error in libcurl.dll
I researched other threads, but the ultimate solution is to reinstall Windows, which I do not have the ability to do.

here is what i have done so far:
uninstalled and reinstalled xbmc
uninstalled and reinstalled driver for internet
disabled startup items and services and tried again, no luck

I am working on installing Windows updates now, I have not updated in the last 6 months. I will let you know how that pans out.

Any ideas?
have android box with xbmc 13.2 version, in xbmc the link says connected but at the bottom the internet says not connected.check internet setting. Can anybody give me a idea on how to fix this problem. Thanks!!Sad
(2014-08-27, 16:04)tripple b Wrote: have android box with xbmc 13.2 version, in xbmc the link says connected but at the bottom the internet says not connected.check internet setting. Can anybody give me a idea on how to fix this problem. Thanks!!Sad

Hi

I have the same problem with my tablet dyno 4.2.2.

Sometimes says "Not connected. Check internet settings." others say "Busy".

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance
So why do you add to a two year old thread?

I assume you are on windows? (Clue: McAfee)

Does the underlying OS have access to the internet? ie can you get web pages in your web browser?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc wont connect to internet1