• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Video language script for audio & subtitle streams
The script doesn't write anything, XBMC does this by reading the information from the files. You need to modify the language in the files, not in the XBMC db.
Ok thanks that clears things up a bit. I don't really want to mess around with the XBMC code.

Although I don't seem to be able to add languages via the metadata, it looks like it is encoded into the audio stream.
Do you know how to add language information?
Do I need to re-encode everything?
No you don't need to re-encode your files. You can edit it with mkvtoolnix.
Hello,

Sorry if someone else has response to my question, but I would like to know the following thing

I've edited via vi editor the file DialogVideoInfo.xml with the below information
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videolanguage) + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(musicvideos)]">RunScript(script.videolanguage,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onload>

I've restarted the XBMC and then I should do anything more? To edit each movie manually to add someting, or any file to add something? This is unclear to me.

So, after all I have to add only the line and everything is written automatically from the mkv file let's say for example and displayedHuh

Or should I add manually the round flags etc. etc.

Thank you in advance mate!

Thank you for your work!
I am modifying the confluence skin in openelec to display language information.
This works well in "DialogVideoInfo.xml" when using the first script loading option.
Unfortunately, running the script in the background from MyVideoNav.xml does not work.
I want to use this option, since I want to add language info in the movie list as well.
Is there any known issue? Or is there any debug output I could give to help track down the problem?

Thanks for any hints Wink
there's something i'm missing

i install the script and i think all goes well, but how can i enable it?
Which skin does support the plug-in?

Thanks a lot for your work
I am having trouble with the language and subtitles flags showing, not showing, showing then disappearing and not showing right away. I am getting the same behavior on my PC version of xbmc and my linux version. Both I am using MQ5 and Gotham 13.2. I was surprised not to find any info on this (like it's only happening to me) considering I have it on two different installations.... We are a bilingual family with many bilingual videos. Having the languages shown would be a godsend.
Any insight would be appreciated.
hi,

im quite new to Kodi (version 14.1), i installed and activated the Video language script, and ... it doesnt show any information! Im using the default skin with the "media info 3" view. I tested in on a few files, they are all mkvs with multiple audio streams and subtitles (integrated into the file).

thanks in advance.
@Black:
Is there any possibilitie that you would add another two properties?

Something like Window.Property(AudioLanguageUnique.%d) and Window.Property(SubtitleLanguageUnique.%d)

Where the output would be unique list of languages when then media has more that one stream of the same languages
for example:
if the movie has the following subtitles:
ENG,FRA,CHI,ENG,SLV,SLV,GER,GER,ITA,CHI
the output would be:
ENG,FRA,CHI,SLV,GER,ITA

Additionally if you have set in the kodi settings:
Window.Property(AudioLanguageUniqueLeadingPreferred.%d) and Window.Property(SubtitleLanguageUniqueLeadingPreferred.%d)
Kodi -> Settings -> Videos -> Playback -> Preferred audio language
Kodi -> Settings -> Videos -> Subtitles -> Preferred subtitle language

Then the otuput list wold have leading the languages from peferred kodi settings.

It just very humble request, but this would greatelly simplify excess of the code in the skin.

Otherwise your skript is really great and thank you for sharing it with us. Smile
Just a quick FYI: Core is now filling those properties for ListItems. So anyone using this in their skins, please update for jarvis and remove the addon dependency. Merged PR and more information @ https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7921
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Is it possible to also show external subtitles?

If they match a certain format offcourse like blablabla.en.srt or blablabla.nl.srt
No, that's not possible right now. Just as the script, Kodi will only enumerate the embedded streams.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Do you think it can be done with custom script or addon maybe? I doubt it else someone would already created such.
Jep, an addon should be able to handle this as well.

As for handling in core, the real issue is that we're currently not storing external subtitle information. Those are searched and parsed when you hit play on the actual media. We already talked about moving this to a background infoloader so chances are high we're going to include them at some point. I will bring up this topic in this years devcon.
Great, thanks for your response Wink

I'm not that creative or skilled in coding but maybe I can give a twist to excisting video language script to check for external also.

/edit:
I now realise i asked this already in the past OoNo
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Video language script for audio & subtitle streams3