Win Frodo 12 Not finding all movie files and some small issues
Hi all

Fresh user to Xmbc and im experiencing a few issues.

Its a simple setup
SSD for the OS drive
2 Non OS hard drives with A-N on one and M-Z on the second and the movies in those drives. I only use .mkv files and only 720p or 1080p ( 5TB total space )
I add codecs and i only use MPC-HC as my player no other media player installed.
The machine only plays movies nothing else

Issue 1
There are a number of movie files that it refuses to pick and add to the selections.
I have tried removing the drives from it and re adding, Ive tried to search for a way to add or recheck a single file (doesn't seem to be available), when i re added the drives again and got it to search the whole lot again it shows the files but doesn't add the and it just shows them for a second and moves on.
The files are different sizes 2 or 3 over 10GB couple around 7GB, we are only talking 8 files from 250 ish.

Issue 2
Ive noticed since i installed if i run a movie with MPC-HC outside of Xbmc (with it not running) The audio doesn't work on the movie anymore yet it does within Xbmc?, i hope it hasn't changed my files in some way.

Issue 3
I was going to have it on Win 8 but it was a pain so i went back to Win 7, by pain i mean unresponsive, lurchy, menus were twitchy and a number of other errors so i binned it and formatted with 7. and it was a fresh format with 8.

General thoughts, its very good though not always intuitive, like the refresh button when you right click a movie when it doesn't have the right cover etc. Refresh doesn't really tell me what it will do (could just be me)
Graphics and the box covers/ art is bitching very clever.

I write software in my spare time and some of the menus just don't work like i expect (again could just be me)

Overall very good but if i cant get it to add my programs , not that usable which is why i am posting this

Thx for any suggestions, if you need any files or anything from it to help solve this just let me know.
1. Which scraper are you using? Try universal scraper.
2. Probably you have set xbmc to use wasapi audio device.
3. XBMC works like a charm in my Win8 Pro. Did you try updating the driver. Also improper audio settings can cause movies to stutter.
Thanks for that after some messing about and using the universal imdb etc scraper its finally found all the films.

Im using analog for audio because i cant seem to find a combo that works.

I tried waspi and it doesn't work for me at all, im having a read on the helpfile stuff about audio atm so ill see what happens

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo 12 Not finding all movie files and some small issues0