mouse and keyboard die
I originally tried the make my RPi into a VPN server but it didn't work out. While trying the VPN software, I had both the keyboard and mouse hooked up without any problems. I decided to try XBMC, so I reformatted the SD card and used Terminal to setup the new software. After XBMC loaded the first time, I was able to use the mouse and keyboard for perhaps 10-15 seconds. After that, nothing. I then hooked up a powered USB hub and plugged the keyboard and mouse into that. After a reboot, same problem. I tried a different SD card, same prob. I wrote to the SD card on my PC instead of Mac, same problem.
What am I doing wrong?
I just installed Weezy. It runs fine with the mouse and keyboard connected. Is there a place I can d/l an older version of XBMC to see if that will work?
Bueller, Bueller?
Which XBMC/OS distro where you using?
I'm using Frodo 12.x
Rasbian/weezy, OpenELEC, Raspbmc, XBian, Arch?
Sorry, Raspbmc.
@peteyx, old thread I know but in case someone else has a similar problem thought it worth posting here...
I had intermittent keyboard freezing problems for a few months running openelec on my pi (various builds). Pi would continue to work ok & could be controlled using smartphone remote over http. Thought originally it was a power supply problem, it got worse with even "moderate" overclocking (arm_freq=800, core_freq=300). However new 2A kickass power supply did nothing to improve the issue, so started playing around with settings.
I have now found that overclocking the arm_freq to 900 and leaving the core_freq alone at the default 250 has eliminated the problem.

Am currently running the official Openelec 3.0.2 build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mouse and keyboard die0