Win Any remote install instructions for Frodo?
Is there any current install instructions for FRODO remote application for android?

I have seen many, but all are for EDEN or earlier, and most of the configurations options are different.

Thanks!
Download, double click, run the installer
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What are you talking about? I'm talking about making the android remote app connect to the xbmc pc on my network.

It won't connect. And there are many different places to configure apparently.
Sorry I thought you were talking about how to install xbmc on windows. My bad.

The remote app needs updating for frodo - I am pretty sure the fodo compatible version is now in the google play store.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The key pieces of information needed by the remote app for connecting to your XBMC system can be specified on the app's Settings > Manage XBMC Hosts page, where you would define a profile for your XBMC system with the following information:
  • Instance: a name to identify this profile
  • Host or IP address: from your XBMC System info page
  • HTTP API port: from your XBMC webserver settings page
  • Username: from the webserver page
  • Password: from the webserver page
  • Mac Address: MAC address of your XBMC system if you want to use WOL to awaken it from your Android device
Other settings may be needed/desired for your particular setup, but start with those and see if you can get the remote app to connect.
He asked on how to configure Frodo to allow remotes to connect Smile

Those settings are the same for all remotes so those for Yatse will works too :
http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projec...Version-12
Well, as in eden you have to enable the http management interface first:

System -> Settings -> Services -> Web Server

Check allow control of XBMC via HTTP
port (80 or 8080)
Username (choose one)
Password (choose one)

Remember this settings and the IP Adress of your xbmc box (System -> System Info -> Summary IP Address)

and enter this in your Android App in connection settings (Add server, ...)

If you still have problems connecting to xbmc check your Windows Firewall (allow inbound connections to port 80 or whatever you choose),
make sure wlan is ON and connected on your Android and all settings match that you have chosen on xbmc)

That's it.
Thanks. That did it. I got confused cause one application asked about zeroconf, and so i installed it, and well. It is not very obvious that the remote is from the web server Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any remote install instructions for Frodo?0