Bug Missing Menu with Custom Start Position
Hi all -

I'm at a loss on how to troubleshoot the issue I'm having.

I just updated to Frodo on my ATV2 and made the following customizations :
  • Added Aeon Nox
  • Added Aeon Nox Extra Downloader
  • Set Brushed Metal
  • Added Live DVD Background for Movies
  • Set Custom Starting Location of 'TV'

I restarted and now I just have an empty menu bar with the weather. I can't seem to navigate off of whatever page I'm on and the only menu that comes up is my Favorites, which is empty.

Is this something I misconfigured or is this a bug? Whichever it is, how can I get my XBMC to a more useful state?

Thanks all.[/quote]
Yeah, that happened me too when I tried to open to TV and I had to revert to the default setting home. I used the YATSE app to get into settings and back out again to get the menu to appear.
Oh nice. I didn't know that app existed. Now trying to find the data I need to set it up in my config files...
Anyone know where i can find the api data to set this up in config files since I can't use the actual interface

thanks
Or is there any other way to recover from thisHuh
Try a guisettings reset. Go to "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\" and rename guisettings.xml to guisettings.bak. When you start XBMC all the settings will be gone, but at least you'll have a chance to setup up Nox again. If it doesn't work, rename guisettings.bak --> guisettings.xml again.
I have the same issue, it also seemed to reset the Menu item (wallpaper etc) when chosen. There is no option to revert back (None Option). Any ideas besides the reset above?
That worked! (Moving guisettings.xml -> guisettings.bak) Thanks a million!

Gonna leave this as a bug though
Why is this still an issue? Pretty annoying.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Menu with Custom Start Position0