How fast is your channel change (zapping)
Ok, thanks for the update - will stay patient Smile

... and thanks a lot for the work!

Cheers,

h3ll
(2013-03-14, 20:00)FernetMenta Wrote: The work on this is not completed yet. I need to finish some other tasks before I'll get back to this.

im sure you will hate me for this question, but are yuo able to give a very rough idea of timescales for when this change might be available in a nightly?

all i mean is, are we talking a few weeks, or a few months.

forgive me for asking, my only excuse is that i have bought equipment to use with xbmc pvr and at the moment i cant use it because the channel change is too slow. so thats why im looking forward to your changes.
maybe I have something in 2 weeks but I don't promise anything.
What is it you are working on?

Is it a possible solution to reduce the number of seconds it takes to change channels in windows xbmc pvr?

just wanted to double check that we are talking about he same thing, if so this will be massive for xbmc.

thanks again for your hard work and time on xbmc.
From what I have seen in some thoughts about the changes in the source it should reduce the zappings times to the ones your backend nearly has.

h3ll
This is one of thing that seems to be totally broken in xbmc 12. Xbmc 11 - zapping 2 second, xbmc 12 - zapping 15 seconds (including 2-3 seconds mute after channel switch), sometimes infinity. I've already asked this but unfortunatelly, no responses as yet

Both versions use the same server as backend (latest tvheadend), both on the same computer (Linux)
Seems to be a problem with your config, with stable tvheadend/VDR, i get (and dont think to be the only one in this case) around 2 sec between a channel change.
I have no idea - what is there to configure? Any suggestions are welcome, I've tried blank user and config previously used with xbmc11, both works the same
i think you need to post in a new thread :

- your configuration, (tuner+ kernel + linux distro)
- version of XBMC/TVheadend and where you get them
- a log ^^
are you running xbmc 11 & 12 using the same ./xbmc folder for both? if so, your userdata/Database folder might contain multiple db files for each segment of xbmc causing errors. i had that problem when i first tested xbmc 12. they disappeared once i finally decided to upgrade to xbmc 12 and let all of the db files get updated and removed any old (no longer needed) files.
fernetmenta,

any news? sorry to be annoying.

its just that i've bought equipment in the hope of using xbmc pvr, and i am looking forward to channel changing times being improved Smile

any idea if we are talking weeks or months for this one?

any help much appreciated Smile
follow this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150887&page=10
Just come across this thread! Amazing TV channel switching now. Under 2 seconds. Thank you margro.

Smile

Might try a new backend, NextPVR is performing very well though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How fast is your channel change (zapping)0