Send to XBMC for Mozilla Firefox
Hi all!

Often when I browse the internet, I find a link to YouTube or an mp3 file or stream which I want to play for XBMC.
However I couldn't find any plugin that works with XBMC Eden/Frodo and the new YouTube style.

So I wrote my own.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...al-xbmcorg

Features:

- Send YouTube videos to XBMC from the YouTube video page
- Send mp3/mp3/pls/mkv to XBMC from any link to the file via the right click menu

Works with:
Firefox 18.0 and higher
XBMC Eden [assumed]
XBMC Frodo [tested]

You can set up your XBMC installation IP/port/user/pass in the Addon settings menu in the Firefox Add-ons Manager

Feedback is welcome.
I recently looked for something like this and only found outdated/broken plugins. My tablet recently stopped working(had Yatse with send to xbmc), so I am using my laptop and wanted to send links to my tv. I will test this out on Eden to confirm if it works.

With the right click 'send to xbmc' is this only for online content, or anything you can browse in Firefox(C:/Users/Public/etc..), if you didn't want to add a source to xbmc for a temporary file/thumb drive. I will give this a try either way(at work now).
It only works for online content since Firefox cannot know the network address of your computer and the username/password you would need for SMB.
Working great with Frodo, very cool plugin tnx Smile
Is there any chance you could implement multiple XBMC hosts? I have (currently) 3 in the house, and with a laptop... will be nice to be able to select which one! Smile
Works nice with my Raspi

Good job !!
(2013-02-13, 11:48)ConfusedTA Wrote: Is there any chance you could implement multiple XBMC hosts? I have (currently) 3 in the house, and with a laptop... will be nice to be able to select which one! Smile
I will think about it. Problem is that with multiple hosts I can't use the easy and accessible firefox addon settings thing but need to create code for adding/changing/selecting hosts etc.

Also if you enjoy the plugin, please rate it or write a review on the Mozilla Addons page Smile
installed and configured it. but, where do we find the way in XBMC? should we have a plugin installed there too?
I have modified this addon to include more file formats that can be sent to XBMC. The download to my version can be found here: http://michaeltunnell.com/projects/22-xb...mt-edition

I am also working on another project to do this that works separately from this addon but is much more powerful. That project is not complete yet but hopefully it will be soon.
This does not install on my Lenovo Thinkpad running Firefox. Says "Not compatible with version 31.0"
Is this still being developed? I would love an addon like this which actually works for all playable video/music content..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Send to XBMC for Mozilla Firefox1