Few problems left with initial set-up
I've made the conversion from Media Browser over to XBMC and so far I love it. But after hours and hours of set-up and customizing it I still have a few problems. Searching and troubleshooting haven't worked so far.

1. I can't get album information to show up for my music. Most artists have their information there, but that's it for music. I tried switching the scrapers but still nothing shows up, just artist info.

2. I'm using the photo screensaver, it's directed to where my photo albums are and it works fine. But I don't want it to show up when music is playing. I want to leave the music info on the screen and the cdwall in the background. I can't find where to disable the screensaver when the music "now playing" is on.

3. This one I don't think there is a solution to. Have my videos in four categories, Movies, TV Series, Stand Up Comedy and Documentaries. The first two are set-up perfectly. However, I don't want the Stand Up Comedy videos showing up with the Movies, but I do want the metadata to be displayed, can't figure out how to have both.
The Documentaries is a bigger mess, I don't think I can have "movies" (Amazon, Tyson, etc.) in the same place as "tv shows" (Planet Earth, Life, etc.) Everything thread I've read on this seems like it can't be done. But is there anything new? I might have been reading outdated stuff.
Right now I have to view these in "file" view with no information on the content showing up. Angry

...also, 4. I can't get movies into sets. I have that option enabled in the settings, thought it would be that easy but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks everyone.
#4 is solved. That's working now.

#1 & #2 still trying, #3 I give up.
#2 should be solved by selecting use visualisation when playing audio from the appearance settings. Then set visualisation to none. The background will be skin dependent.

#3 can be solved by looking into smart playlist or nodes. You can find more info in the wkik on each of these - and heaps of threads in the forums.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Overseer, on number 3. Don't give up ;p It is more than possible, I have mine set up like that. Here is a guide/tutorial on how to do it via smart playlists, I have not played with nodes, but smart playlists definitely works:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89678

PS. Take a note that the guide shows you how to do it in !transparency theme. Each theme looks like it might be a bit different when it comes to adding to the home menu. I have mine setup in Aeon Nox, was straight forward.
(2013-02-14, 02:13)rocketpants Wrote: #2 should be solved by selecting use visualisation when playing audio from the appearance settings. Then set visualisation to none. The background will be skin dependent

It tried enabling that disabling that option. Either way the screensaver still pops-up.

(2013-02-14, 02:13)rocketpants Wrote: #3 can be solved by looking into smart playlist or nodes. You can find more info in the wkik on each of these - and heaps of threads in the forums.

(2013-02-14, 08:13)endlesslyonline Wrote: Overseer, on number 3. Don't give up ;p It is more than possible, I have mine set up like that. Here is a guide/tutorial on how to do it via smart playlists, I have not played with nodes, but smart playlists definitely works:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89678

PS. Take a note that the guide shows you how to do it in !transparency theme. Each theme looks like it might be a bit different when it comes to adding to the home menu. I have mine setup in Aeon Nox, was straight forward.

Thanks, I didn't have much luck setting up those smart playlists before but I'll keep trying. Wish it could be a little more straight forward like media browser has it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Few problems left with initial set-up0