Harmony One and Inteset CIR
Posted in general but not sure if getting much looks so thought give try in hardware.

Hello all trying to use my Harmony One to control my Htpc. I have Asrock Z77pro4m board with the inteset Asrock CIR cable. It's activated in the bios, it's in device manager. But i am not getting any feedback. I'm using the Windows Media Center SE device name. Created activity but no luck, tv and reciever go to right place and my Xbox turns on but figured out how to turn that off. But just the Xbox would turn on not both. I haven't had chance to change Xbox setting and try the pc, but figured the remote would send command to both anyways. Spent 5hrs trying to figure out on own but still racking my head on this one. Does that device name not work with Inteset CiR? I haven't tried another one. I've tried just checking to see if any other commands work thinking just powering wasn't work but no response. Any help would be great! Thanks.
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
I'm also interested in this. I've had similar issues
Not much news from Inteset either. They recommend updating bios, did that no luck. Re install driver, no luck. Guess I need to ship it back.
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
My harmony 650 is working ok with inteset CIR and my asrock a75-mitx
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Are running through windows? I got mine working through windows but I want it to work with openelec (I guess it's a driver issue)

When I tested it in windows I'm pretty sure I just set my harmony with mce device....
I've an arctic MC001 with openelec 2.99.2 and my harmony 300 worked out of the box so to speak. Couldn't have told you what type of CIR was in it till yesterday when I installed Win7 and installed the drivers from the supplied disc. It has an inteset CIR. So I assume that implies that openelec includes drivers for inteset CIR's out of the box.
(2013-02-12, 07:15)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: Posted in general but not sure if getting much looks so thought give try in hardware.

Hello all trying to use my Harmony One to control my Htpc. I have Asrock Z77pro4m board with the inteset Asrock CIR cable. It's activated in the bios, it's in device manager. But i am not getting any feedback. I'm using the Windows Media Center SE device name. Created activity but no luck, tv and reciever go to right place and my Xbox turns on but figured out how to turn that off. But just the Xbox would turn on not both. I haven't had chance to change Xbox setting and try the pc, but figured the remote would send command to both anyways. Spent 5hrs trying to figure out on own but still racking my head on this one. Does that device name not work with Inteset CiR? I haven't tried another one. I've tried just checking to see if any other commands work thinking just powering wasn't work but no response. Any help would be great! Thanks.

I've just reacently done a build with this mobo, cir ir receiver and remote and mine worked straight away. Just to check; you have downloaded the cir driver from the asrock website? On the harmony remote I used a combination of MCE remote and MCE keyboard as devices and set them to turn off when not in use. The one with the power command that will do the power toggling though is the remote. Have you double checked the connection of the cir header that it is exactly as the instructions say? Also I seem to remember there being something about the connection of USB ports near it, have you got front of case USB ports connected to the mobo near the cir header? I have on mine, might make a difference for some reason.
One other thing I just thought of is in the bios you need to have the ir receiver turned OFF and the cir header turned ON, if its not like this then it won't work
Everything is correct in bios I know that. I will check to make sure the cir pins are plugged in right direction. The case is Silverstone Gd05b and has two front USB ports using the same cable, so I plugged that into the plug on front near the long power connection on mobo ( drawing blank on correct name) are you saying I should plug this in at the USB header at the cir?

(2013-02-16, 11:31)calibos Wrote: I've an arctic MC001 with openelec 2.99.2 and my harmony 300 worked out of the box so to speak. Couldn't have told you what type of CIR was in it till yesterday when I installed Win7 and installed the drivers from the supplied disc. It has an inteset CIR. So I assume that implies that openelec includes drivers for inteset CIR's out of the box.

Hi calibos, I've been trying to get my inteset cir working with my Intel dg45fc mobo. Your post inspired me to upgrade my openelec 2.0 to the most recent v3 rc2.

Unfortunately I still can't get it to work Sad

Is the cir you're running part of the MC001 package?
Sorry, I should have mentioned that. Yes it is. The IR sensor is soldered directly to the mainboard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony One and Inteset CIR0