Short Sound dropouts over HDMI
I have sporadic really Short Sound dropouts over HDMI. It is like the sound paused a millisecond. "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" is activated. The passthrough via config is activated. What can it be?

It is in every Video... The Audio is DTS, but no HD or true...
check your log if u see anything suspicious
(2013-02-12, 08:57)Majestic Wrote: I have sporadic really Short Sound dropouts over HDMI. It is like the sound paused a millisecond. "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" is activated. The passthrough via config is activated. What can it be?

It is in every Video... The Audio is DTS, but no HD or true...

Does turning off "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" help?
Are you using a "latest" image? e..g latest rbej openelec build?
I have turned it off and in my opinion it is less frequent. I am on the final raspbmc
(2013-02-13, 09:54)Majestic Wrote: I have turned it off and in my opinion it is less frequent. I am on the final raspbmc

It sounds like it could be an HDMI interference or power issue. You might want to try editing your config.txt file and adding this line:
Code:
config_hdmi_boost=4

Information on this setting from the raspberry pi documentation (http://elinux.org/RPiconfig):
Quote:config_hdmi_boost configure the signal strength of the HDMI interface. Default is 0. Try 4 if you have interference issues with hdmi. 7 is the maximum.
@Majestic: Did blacklunds proposition help?
I'm still struggling with the same problem, some very short sound drops over HDMI ...

can anyone help ?
I dont know if its the same problem, but when I pause and resume there is a delay in the audio. I have to stop and play again to fix the sync. This doen't happen with xbmc 5 may build. I'm using raspbmc, but I have the same problem with openelec.
(2013-10-06, 12:07)spek Wrote: I dont know if its the same problem, but when I pause and resume there is a delay in the audio. I have to stop and play again to fix the sync. This doen't happen with xbmc 5 may build. I'm using raspbmc, but I have the same problem with openelec.

Sounds like a problem that was fixed (in start.elf firmware) just over a month ago. Run "vcgencmd version" and check the date is 1st September or later.
I also have the sound dropouts, it comes back several times in a movie it only takes 1 second or so, but I have changed audio from digital to HDMI and back but this doesn't seem to be the problem.
Does anyone have a solution for this?
Nobody??
(2013-10-06, 13:39)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-10-06, 12:07)spek Wrote: I dont know if its the same problem, but when I pause and resume there is a delay in the audio. I have to stop and play again to fix the sync. This doen't happen with xbmc 5 may build. I'm using raspbmc, but I have the same problem with openelec.

Sounds like a problem that was fixed (in start.elf firmware) just over a month ago. Run "vcgencmd version" and check the date is 1st September or later.

i too have terrible delays with new openelec when pausing (for example when downloading subtitles the video pauses and gets several seconds out of sync when it resumes)
i have tried vgencmd version and it showed sept 30.

i have the problem both in latest official openelec, and in rbejs latest builds.
I tried latest official xbian and that did not have the delay problems.

any thoughts?
(2013-10-13, 11:50)fnac Wrote: i too have terrible delays with new openelec when pausing (for example when downloading subtitles the video pauses and gets several seconds out of sync when it resumes)
i have tried vgencmd version and it showed sept 30.
any thoughts?

Is this with passthrough audio enabled? Does the delay go with passthrough disabled?
Are you using a Pioneer amp by chance?

Have the same issue on my vsx 527. Only happens on the Pi. Fine from main PC.
yes it is with passthrough enabled. will try with passthrough disabled
and it's an Yamaha amp Smile

also only happens with the Pi. I have ATV2, PC and Ouya where it works fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Short Sound dropouts over HDMI1