Short Sound dropouts over HDMI
@Sam.Nazarko,

Yes I can, I want to try to install earlier builds to see if it wasn't a lucky shot with build 20130723.
I must be the worlds worst bugfinder. I installed 20130722 and it stutters again. So I went down the list, even 20130701 stutters. So I am trying to find the build that doesn't stutters, if it is possible to find it btw.

The funny thing is 23 july does not stutter, maybe it does but it isn't noticable. Isn't it possible that something changed in xml files, more or less buffer or something.

Another funny thing, when I start the movie and it stutters I seek back (arrow down button) and it plays flawless. This even works with September release on RaspBMC. Maybe this was the issue why I didn't notice stutter on release 2307. It started with AC3 and I change track to DTS and seek back to beginning. Stopping the movie and starting it again does make it stutter again. Pressing arrow back does make it play ok. But only when seeking back to beginning of the movie, Not in the middle of the movie going 30 seconds back

Wel I don't know, hope I shed some light...
This is a movie with stutter, don't know if there is something you can extract from these logging:

LOGS REMOVED
Ok,

It happened somewhere between: XBMC-13-20130503 and XBMC-13-20130610, there is nothing in between to test. I tested almost every nightly out there.
(2013-11-03, 11:23)mduran Wrote: It happened somewhere between: XBMC-13-20130503 and XBMC-13-20130610, there is nothing in between to test. I tested almost every nightly out there.

Thanks, that is useful. There are a few commits in that window, but one of them seems more likely to be the one. I'll see if I can prove anything.
don't post logs on the forum please
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Any progress in the meantime? I'm also having dropouts with OpeneElec3.2.4
(2014-03-02, 14:51)ratatazong Wrote: Any progress in the meantime? I'm also having dropouts with OpeneElec3.2.4

You could try the Milhouse Gotham build - that has fixed a few issues.
You could also try updating firmware (start.elf/fixup.dat) if you don't want to switch to Gotham.
Yep, totally fixed with latest firmware + xbmc build.
I tried the latest Milhouse Gotham build yesterday and it was working like a charm Smile
Just updating the start.elf/fixup.dat did not slove the issue.
I have been having a similar problem for a long time using MilHouseVH gotham builds. I can't trace where it comes from.

Basically, when listing to mp3s (or music for the digitally imported addon), the audio dropouts. It seems to be in correlation with cpu usage but I can't prove that.

The tv is hooked up to the pi via hdmi, and the sound system to the tv via optical. On the soundsystem, when it happens, I can clearly see the PCM data light turning off and then back on as if it were changing stream format.

I have no idea what is causing this, but I started noticing it when I upgraded to gotham builds from Frodo builds.

@popcornmix, any way I can provide you with good debugging information ? I don't know enough to fix the problem but I do know enough to debug Smile

Cheers, Erik.
(2014-03-06, 18:30)tuath Wrote: I have been having a similar problem for a long time using MilHouseVH gotham builds. I can't trace where it comes from.

Basically, when listing to mp3s (or music for the digitally imported addon), the audio dropouts. It seems to be in correlation with cpu usage but I can't prove that.

The tv is hooked up to the pi via hdmi, and the sound system to the tv via optical. On the soundsystem, when it happens, I can clearly see the PCM data light turning off and then back on as if it were changing stream format.

I have no idea what is causing this, but I started noticing it when I upgraded to gotham builds from Frodo builds.

@popcornmix, any way I can provide you with good debugging information ? I don't know enough to fix the problem but I do know enough to debug Smile

Did you get it with Frodo?
Do you get it with video files?
Do you get it with omxplayer (you can set omxplayer as default audio player in advancedsettings.xml).
(2014-03-06, 18:49)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-06, 18:30)tuath Wrote: I have been having a similar problem for a long time using MilHouseVH gotham builds. I can't trace where it comes from.

Did you get it with Frodo?
Do you get it with video files?
Do you get it with omxplayer (you can set omxplayer as default audio player in advancedsettings.xml).

Here goes:
I don't remember having it with Frodo... I could try it out but that would take tiem.
I never have the problem with video files.
I set omxplayer as default, and my music files did not play at first (all hosted over smb). I played a local music file and tada it worked. After that all files from the network also played. Volume with omxplayer is great. I played a movie and went into the audio settings and the volume was set at -10db, so I put that to 0 and that fixed the volume issue with paplayer and dvdplayer.

I still got a little bit of skipping with omxplayer, but my homeserver is currently at 100% cpu, so if mught just be the network. The stereo system did not reset the stream like it does with paplayer and dvdplayer.

It all sounds weird, will keep an eye on it and report back after a few builds to see what is going on.
Hi!

I have two different RPi model B's running Kodi (latest) and they stutter in music playback, approx. half a second or so.

They're attached to my gigabit LAN and streams from my NAS (freenas) through SMB.

One of them plays through Hdmi through an Onkyo receiver and the other only through the 3.5mm audio output and through a small stereo amplifier.

With the one streaming through the audio-cable I also experience noise when pausing and during playback, but I will try to eliminate that with another power adapter and with an earth-separation filter (don't know if that's what it's called in English) connected to the 3.5mm to 2xRCA cable between the RPi and the amp.

Can anyone help me get the problem with the stuttering fixed?
(2015-01-06, 15:57)Smisch Wrote: I have two different RPi model B's running Kodi (latest) and they stutter in music playback, approx. half a second or so.

They're attached to my gigabit LAN and streams from my NAS (freenas) through SMB.

With all music files, or just specific formats?
Can you post a debug enabled log when playing a music file?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Short Sound dropouts over HDMI1