MySQL DB Creation in Frodo
Following on from this thread, I've got a couple of questions on how the DB creation is handled in Frodo.

At present, I've got an existing setup that was first created under Eden and upgraded to Frodo on release. My advancedsettings.xml calls the Database by name, and the database itself was created manually with the tables auto-populated by XBMC.

Now, I'm in the process of building an equivalent setup for my parents' starting with Frodo.
I understand from the reading I've done that - under Frodo - there's no need to explicitly set the DB name, and that the defaults (MyVideos% and MyMusic%) will be automatically created. But what if you want / need to be able to control the DB names?
Why would I want to do that? Well, the new build is to cater for two sets of people - my parents and my sister. Whilst they'll be accessing the same videos, they'll want separate Watched and Resume statuses especially as they have more front-ends in each environment.

Thinking I could beat the system, I originally let Frodo create it's default databases before renaming them to my desired style.

Starting up XBMC, there were no errors in connecting to the renamed Databases - the number was appended as expected and to all intents and purposes Frodo seemed happy.
I set about initializing a Movie scrape and it happily went away and populated the database, as could be seen in mysql:
Code:
[xbmc_caphouse_video75]> SELECT c00,c09,c14 FROM movie WHERE idMovie=100;
+-----------+-----------+-----------------------+
| c00       | c09       | c14                   |
| Deep Blue | tt0365109 | Documentary / Foreign |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Indeed, after the scan, the Library option was now available for the video menus but there was a problem - switching to the Library view returned empty lists.
No recently added items, nothing when trying to sort by Title / Genre / etc. It was like nothing had been added.
But the database showed all the content had been scraped. The Thumbnails directory had been populated.

The other thread details the specifics, but I set off looking for any errors that could explain it. Rebooted a few times. Dropped and recreated the databases. All to no avail.

Finally, I went back to the default DB Names and didn't try to rename them. Frodo created the DBs as before. The Scrape ran as before. The database was populated as before, but this time the Library decided to populate correctly.

At this point, I have a few questions:
  1. Presumably, the reason the Library didn't initialize correctly is down to something I couldn't immediately spot that looks for the DB name as it was created. If this is so, where / what controls that?
  2. In my existing setup (upgraded from Eden) I have no issues with a manual DB name - is this the only way to achieve the result I want?
  3. Is there another step I've missed in trying to workaround this?

More than happy to add more details to this as required.

Thanks in advance.
Eden is the same as Frodo in this situation. Both can handle the <name> tag, but they don't require it, both will append a number on the end for the current database revision, both should need XBMC to actually create the database. Are you sure you are not thinking of Dharma (v10)? Dharma allowed users to completely change the name using the name tag and did not apply append a number to the end.

It's as simple as putting something in <name> for the advancedsettings file. There's no need to rename something after the fact, because changing what's in the <name> tag will just cause XBMC to create a new database.

As for why it's not working for you, I'm not sure. At the very least we need debug logs (wiki) of when XBMC attempts to create a database with the name tag being used.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL DB Creation in Frodo0