• 9(current)
Release Rai On Demand plugin
Here rai1 streaming is fine.
Peppe
hi nightflyer,
today i try to watch last episode of "sereno variabile" shooted in Siracusa from xbmc but it doesn't start, from wherever i launch it.
on the site it works. i tried random shows seem that most recent doesn't work.
could you take a look inside.
Peppe
(2014-07-28, 14:18)peppe_sr Wrote: today i try to watch last episode of "sereno variabile" shooted in Siracusa from xbmc but it doesn't start, from wherever i launch it.
on the site it works. i tried random shows seem that most recent doesn't work.

The problem on "Sereno Variabile" streams is that the URL returned by the RAI relinker is not correctly URL encoded. There are spaces instead of %20. Even the Android app doesn't play these streams because of this issue. It can be worked around and actually I just did in my local repo and now the streams are fine. But have you seen this problem on other streams? I mean not "Sereno Variabile" streams.
Was pretty sure other shows does not play (like linea verde).
today i took a ride around them but everything i tried works fine.
waiting for the fix if i will found something i report.
Peppe
I've been using XBMC Gotham on my Raspberry Pi computer for about a week now. Before this, I only used it on a laptop to watch some DVDs and I didn't know about the Video add ons at all. I'm amazed by all the videos I can watch using these add ons! Unfortunately, although I wanted to watch some RAI TV, I found that I wasn't able to see much of it here in the UK using this software. No live TV, and it seemed that most TV programmes wouldn't play. I've eventually found out that I can watch some programmes which have their titles listed in blue (e.g. TG1, TG3, Blob, Capri 2), but not the ones listed in white. The TV series I was really hoping to watch is "Un Posto al Sole", which seems to be the only soap opera made by the whole of RAI. From reading this topic, I now know why I can't watch it. If anyone at RAI is reading this, please STOP "smooth streaming" UN POSTO AL SOLO and change it to H264 so I can watch it!!!! Because of this problem, I've been hypnotised into watching "Moteru Laime" on TV3 LT in the TV3 Play add on, but I can't understand it. To sum up RAI - 0 TV3 - 8
(2014-08-03, 18:25)p.brown181 Wrote: Unfortunately, although I wanted to watch some RAI TV, I found that I wasn't able to see much of it here in the UK using this software. No live TV, and it seemed that most TV programmes wouldn't play.

This is called geolocking and it is something most broadcasters do, unfortunately. For example, I live in Italy and I cannot access BBC iplayer, ITV player, 4oD, ect. They contents are locked from here.

There are ways to workaround this tough. Just use google.

(2014-08-03, 18:25)p.brown181 Wrote: I've eventually found out that I can watch some programmes which have their titles listed in blue (e.g. TG1, TG3, Blob, Capri 2), but not the ones listed in white.

In the "RAI Replay" section (i.e. catchup tv) the programmes highlighted in blue are the ones available. They are shown in the same way as on the rai.tv site. This is independent of the country you live in.

(2014-08-03, 18:25)p.brown181 Wrote: The TV series I was really hoping to watch is "Un Posto al Sole", which seems to be the only soap opera made by the whole of RAI. From reading this topic, I now know why I can't watch it. If anyone at RAI is reading this, please STOP "smooth streaming" UN POSTO AL SOLO and change it to H264 so I can watch it!!!! Because of this problem, I've been hypnotised into watching "Moteru Laime" on TV3 LT in the TV3 Play add on, but I can't understand it. To sum up RAI - 0 TV3 - 8

"Un Posto al Sole" streams fine both from the "RAI Replay" and "RAI on demand" sections. You just need to be in Italy.
(2014-08-04, 11:12)nightflyer Wrote:
(2014-08-03, 18:25)p.brown181 Wrote: Unfortunately, although I wanted to watch some RAI TV, I found that I wasn't able to see much of it here in the UK using this software. No live TV, and it seemed that most TV programmes wouldn't play.

This is called geolocking and it is something most broadcasters do, unfortunately. For example, I live in Italy and I cannot access BBC iplayer, ITV player, 4oD, ect. They contents are locked from here.

There are ways to workaround this tough. Just use google.

(2014-08-03, 18:25)p.brown181 Wrote: I've eventually found out that I can watch some programmes which have their titles listed in blue (e.g. TG1, TG3, Blob, Capri 2), but not the ones listed in white.

In the "RAI Replay" section (i.e. catchup tv) the programmes highlighted in blue are the ones available. They are shown in the same way as on the rai.tv site. This is independent of the country you live in.

(2014-08-03, 18:25)p.brown181 Wrote: The TV series I was really hoping to watch is "Un Posto al Sole", which seems to be the only soap opera made by the whole of RAI. From reading this topic, I now know why I can't watch it. If anyone at RAI is reading this, please STOP "smooth streaming" UN POSTO AL SOLO and change it to H264 so I can watch it!!!! Because of this problem, I've been hypnotised into watching "Moteru Laime" on TV3 LT in the TV3 Play add on, but I can't understand it. To sum up RAI - 0 TV3 - 8

"Un Posto al Sole" streams fine both from the "RAI Replay" and "RAI on demand" sections. You just need to be in Italy.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about how XBMC works. It presents me with a GUI and I don't know of any way to turn on this interface, to bring up a Linux desktop or terminal. This prevents me from doing anything which isn't included in the XBMC interface.

I'm using XBMC under OpenElec on a Raspberry Pi computer. I found that XBMC under RaspBMC doesn't work at all, due to lack of a setup process.

I'd be happy to give you access to BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, and 4OD if I knew how to do this, in exchange for full access to RAI.

At the end of the day I STILL can't watch "Un Posto al Sole"!
I've released v1.0.10. I just requested a git pull therefore you'll be able to get this update from the official XBMC repository soon.

Changelog:
- Force replay availability for Rai Gulp and Rai YoYo.
- Better stream selection in RAI Replay. Plot is now shown too.
- Show RAI Replay dates starting from yesterday.
- Use bigger logo thumbnails in Dirette TV and RAI Replay.
- Normalize relinker URLs if not properly encoded. Now "Sereno Variabile" works.
- Minor fixes.
(2014-08-07, 12:04)nightflyer Wrote: I've released v1.0.10. I just requested a git pull therefore you'll be able to get this update from the official XBMC repository soon.

Changelog:
- Normalize relinker URLs if not properly encoded. Now "Sereno Variabile" works.
- Minor fixes.

This sounds like good news and I'm glad I can find this thread again after it seemed to disappear.

After my complaint about not being able to watch "Un Posto al Sole" outside Italy, I found out I could watch it using this method http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201521 .

I don't want to lose access to this, so can someone outside Italy who has updated to the latest version confirm that they can watch "Un Posto al Sole"?

This is only one of two RAI programmes, which are classified as "Fiction" by RAI, along with "Commissario Montalbano", which has been shown on BBC in UK, so I think RAI should produce more "Fiction"!

RAI also has a category called "Telefilm", but only short promo clips seem to be available. This is because none of the Telefilm category are Italian at all. I think RAI should produce some Telefilm series as well.
(2014-08-07, 12:04)nightflyer Wrote: I've released v1.0.10. I just requested a git pull therefore you'll be able to get this update from the official XBMC repository soon.

Changelog:
- Minor fixes.

Thank you for the constant updates! Big Grin
I downloaded the rai.tv app from google store and when I try to open Rai 1 diretta tv or any other rai channel ... it halt on caricamento. Anyone know why. I am installing it on Minix x5 mini
(2014-08-27, 01:35)rubenh Wrote: I downloaded the rai.tv app from google store and when I try to open Rai 1 diretta tv or any other rai channel ... it halt on caricamento. Anyone know why. I am installing it on Minix x5 mini

Why did you download it from Google Store? Is this a separate app, not an add on? I thought you could only download add ons from the list of official downloads, meaning the official repository in XBMC, so I suggest you try that. I had to do a search to find out what he Minix X5 Mini was, so it doesn't seem to be getting much publicity. I thought it was software, because MINIX is a UNIX type shell, but actually it's an Android device which has a case that looks like Apple TV, and seems to be used mainly for playing media through a TV. It costs about the same price as I paid for my Raspberry Pi computer with accessories. Unfortunately, I can't get RAI 1 Ditetta TV, because in in the UK. So, my advice is to install the RAI.TV add on from inside XBMC by clicking on Video/Add ons/Get more , then selecting it from the list. I also think you should buy a Raspberry Pi computer, which gives you a choice of Operating Systems and can be programmed.

As for my restrictions on live TV which I can watch in XBMC, I still don't know any way of bypassing the XBMC GUI user interface to enable me to take more control of OpenELEC which XBMC is running under. Without knowing that, I don't see how I can change my IP address or anything much else. Can somebody help me?
Hi Nightflyer thanks for you great job.
I can't get acces anymore to the RaiReplay area (script failed) with a 12.3 xbmc (I can't update to 13, I still have a xp PC...)
Everything works fine on appleTv 2

Log.
10:14:06 T:1744 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
10:14:06 T:1744 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
10:14:06 T:1744 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:14:07 T:2068 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
10:14:10 T:2324 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
10:14:10 T:2324 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:14:11 T:3504 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
10:14:12 T:3084 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
10:14:12 T:3084 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
10:14:12 T:3084 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:14:13 T:2404 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
10:14:14 T:3700 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
10:14:14 T:3700 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:14:15 T:3700 NOTICE: Replay TV URL: http://www.rai.tv/dl/portale/html/palins...09_05.html
10:14:15 T:3700 ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
10:14:15 T:3700 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "J:\Documents and Settings\paolovin\Dati applicazioni\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.raitv\default.py", line 539, in <module>
show_replay_epg(channelId, date)
File "J:\Documents and Settings\paolovin\Dati applicazioni\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.raitv\default.py", line 237, in show_replay_epg
thumbnailImage=thumbnail)
TypeError: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
-->End of Python script error report<--
10:14:15 T:2920 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.raitv/?channel_id=2&date=2014_09_05&mode=replay
10:14:15 T:2920 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.raitv/?channel_id=2&date=2014_09_05&mode=replay) failed
10:14:15 T:1044 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
10:14:15 T:1044 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:14:16 T:3136 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
(2014-09-06, 10:15)paolovin Wrote: Hi Nightflyer thanks for you great job.
I can't get acces anymore to the RaiReplay area (script failed) with a 12.3 xbmc (I can't update to 13, I still have a xp PC...)
Everything works fine on appleTv 2

Same issue reported here:
https://github.com/nightflyer73/plugin.v...v/issues/8

I fixed in github (v1.0.11) and I just made a pull request for the official XBMC repository.
Hi,
found a problem playing latest clip uploaded on rai site.
try to play last arteteca from made in sud clip and it doesn't start. don't know other clips. clips from previous week work properly.
could you take a look. on rai site, naturally, it is available and playable.
Peppe
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rai On Demand plugin2