Webinterface incredibly slow
Hey guys,

I am currently testing openELEC 3.0 RC3 on my HTPC but this is an issue I also had with XBMCbuntu. When I configure TVHeadend in my webbrowser (tested Firefox and Internet Explorer), the handling is incredibly slow. After a few clicks, the browser does not respond anymore and I have to to wait about 30 seconds (and confirm a script warning from Firefox) until I can do some work again. This makes it extremely annoying to sort my channel list.

Since I was not able to find anything related to my issue anywhere: Had somebody the same problem and knew how to solve it? I appreciate any help. Wink

And by the way: Is it possible to save and/or restore a channel list? I don't want to go through this work every time a new version is released.

Regards,
fabs
Have you tried accessing the web interface from a different machine?
Of course, unfortunately with the same problem.
Moin!
I experienced the same slowness of webgui.
takes ages to arrange the channel and services.
my hints:
1. reduce the amount of muxes. took my services from about 1500 down to 450.
speeds up the ui feeling :-)
2. forget channel sorting in tvh. use xbmc to sort your channels and groups.
In a multi seat environment use a central mysql instance.

my2cents
(2013-02-12, 18:18)fabs Wrote: And by the way: Is it possible to save and/or restore a channel list? I don't want to go through this work every time a new version is released

Yes, simply save the channels directory of tvheadend configuration. This is usually located in ~/.hts/tvheadend, however on Gentoo it's under /etc/tvheadend. Saving the entire tvheadend directory would preserve your entire config. Also you shouldn't have to do this every time a new version is released, there are config upgrade paths.

As for the slowness, posting the firefox warning and reporting an issue to tvheadend would be the way to go IMO (I have a small number of muxes, and haven't experienced this issue...)
Quote:2. forget channel sorting in tvh. use xbmc to sort your channels and groups.
In a multi seat environment use a central mysql instance.
Only works when in a homogeneous environment. I use both showtime and xbmc and t times the webui. Having the channels sorted in tvheadend is the only way to go in this case (plus, no offense to xbmc devs, sorting in xbmc is slightly annoying).
Hi there,

my setup exhibits this performance issue. Tips from above do not help.

How to reproduce:
deactivate "autodetect muxes" and deactivate "idle scanning" in webui
sudo service tvheadend restart
connect to webui

Still normal behavior

go to tab "Multiplexes" or "Services"

Then, and only then, the webui start to be unresponsive in a cyclic/periodic manner. That is, browser is unresponsive, which includes scrollbars of the browser, interrputions in a music webstream played in another tab of the same browser, the tvheadend ui itself is "slow", sorting muxes takes "forever".

go to tab about

behavior does *not* change

close webui tab in browser

behavior goes back to normal

First machine:
DISTRIB_RELEASE=12.10
DISTRIB_CODENAME=quantal
Tvheadend 3.4.27~gfbda802~quantal
Linux mediapc 3.5.0-45-generic #68-Ubuntu SMP Mon Dec 2 22:02:00 UTC 2013 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux

Device path: /dev/dvb/adapter0
Device name: Montage DS3103/TS2022
Host connection: PCI
Number of Muxes: 109
Number of Services: 1643

Gigabit ethernet to second machine:
Firefox 26.0 (for Ubuntu canonical)
Some firefox extensions

Please consider reopening. If you need more info don't hesitate to contact me via mail or PM.

HTH,
BloosPit
Also see
https://tvheadend.org/issues/1969
https://tvheadend.org/issues/1294

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Webinterface incredibly slow0