"B" key not going back to main menu
I recently updated to the Frodo build and noticed the "B" key on the keyboard no longer goes back to the main menu. Is this a known issue?
I don't believe the "B" key was assigned to any XBMC function prior to Frodo. In Frodo, it's used for Live TV schedule recording timers. Did you perhaps previously modify the installation keyboard.xml and assign "B" to activate the home page? If so, this file would have been replaced by the Frodo version when you upgraded.

If you do not use or plan to use the PVR function (including Live TV) in XBMC, you can assign "B" to return to the home page by using a custom keyboard.xml placed in your userdata (wiki)/keymaps/ directory where it will not get clobbered by future upgrades. Place the following contents in the file:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <b>ActivateWindow(Home)</b>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
Hmm.. odd... not sure why it worked before. LOL
Is there currently a key assigned to go to the main menu?
I am going off this now and didn't see one: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard
The ESC key should do the trick in most cases. The only places I can think of where this doesn't apply is when you are multiple menu levels deep changing system/add-on settings. Otherwise, you can assign an unused key as I described above to always go back to the home page from wherever you are. And, yes, that wiki link is where you can see which key shortcuts are already defined and for what purpose.
Yeah, most times I am pretty deep and just want to go straight to the main menu.
If I set it to use the "B" key will it override the system default?
(2013-02-12, 23:00)ludespeedny Wrote: Yeah, most times I am pretty deep and just want to go straight to the main menu.
You can be deep within the videos, movies, TV shows, video add-ons, music, music add-ons menus and Esc will take you back to the home page. Try out the Esc key in your day-to-day usage of XBMC and see if it already fulfills your needs for the functions you commonly use.
Quote:If I set it to use the "B" key will it override the system default?
Yes. Map it to an unused key if you want to retain the default function for "B". The PF keys are a good choice if you are using a standard keyboard.
Yeah the Esc key is what I was looking for. I had been using Backspace to go back.
I am currently using a Rii N7 and am trying to find out the best keys for functions.
What do you mean by PF keys?
(2013-02-13, 06:01)ludespeedny Wrote: What do you mean by PF keys?

Sorry, it's the "old school" in me coming out. Smile The Function keys: F1, F2, F3, etc.
Ah ok, lol.
Yeah, it took some work, but I did successfully get all the media keys for my keyboard mapped for my raspbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"B" key not going back to main menu0