• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Simplicity for XBMC 12.x (Frodo)
@Balinus - great job on the skin mate - just one pet peeve - lol you knew there would be one.

Any way you could point me to the skin xml which controls the text justification of the TV Shows - the one thing I liked about Simplicity over almost all other skins, was that it didn't use 'full justification' in displaying synopsis text etc. I notice this has changed in your most recent version, but only for TV Shows. I presume that is the way you prefer text displayed and I'm not asking you to change it - just point me in the right direction and I'll amend to my own liking.

I tried changing all "textbox" "id 400" entries in DialogVideoInfo.xml from 'justified' to 'left', but it hasn't had any effect.

Thanks again.

EDIT - its ok realised after I posted I was looking in the wrong file - amended ViewsVideoLibrary.xml and all is well again with the world.
(2013-04-08, 11:58)steelman1991 Wrote: @Balinus - great job on the skin mate - just one pet peeve - lol you knew there would be one.

Any way you could point me to the skin xml which controls the text justification of the TV Shows - the one thing I liked about Simplicity over almost all other skins, was that it didn't use 'full justification' in displaying synopsis text etc. I notice this has changed in your most recent version, but only for TV Shows. I presume that is the way you prefer text displayed and I'm not asking you to change it - just point me in the right direction and I'll amend to my own liking.

I tried changing all "textbox" "id 400" entries in DialogVideoInfo.xml from 'justified' to 'left', but it hasn't had any effect.

Thanks again.

EDIT - its ok realised after I posted I was looking in the wrong file - amended ViewsVideoLibrary.xml and all is well again with the world.

hehehe indeed, I prefer justified text. Looks much better imho. Wink

As you found out, views are controlled inside ViewsVideoLibrary.xml. Though DialogVideoInfo.xml will control the window you see when you press "info" on a selected item.

edit - If you want to easily keep your changes, I suggest you copy the skin directory and change the amended directory name to something like "skin.simplicity.personal" and change accordingly the details inside addon.xml :

Code:
id="skin.simplicity.personal"
  version="3.2.5"
  name="Simplicity-Personal"

That way, you'll have 2 versions of the skin. One that updates automatically and the other one with your change. When you have a new update, you just copy-paste the whole directory over your personal directory, with the exceptions of the files you changed. Just a suggestion so that you don't waste time doing the same thing over and over Smile

(2013-04-07, 07:54)denist Wrote: Just did the video have a look

http://youtu.be/cQW-gTrBls0

Strange, I don't have that behaviour. Could you provide a debug log? I have no clue of what's happening. It's the only menu that has this behaviour?
Thanks for the advice mate - will do

Justified text just does my nut in lol - but each to their own.
Yes only that menu...

Res is good..

I'm testing ion

The version of xbmc I'm using is 12.1 hit 0d373cc compiled march 2013

As this one has the problem with when u press guide it overlaps in all skins except confluence...

As the tv guide I'm testing the ion version now

I'll report if it is the same.

Denis
Ok on the ion version of openelec and the latest skin

The TV guide is ok it must be something to do with the intel version

Denis
(2013-04-11, 02:14)denist Wrote: Ok on the ion version of openelec and the latest skin

The TV guide is ok it must be something to do with the intel version

Denis

ah great! I was clueless on the cause of the error. Thanks for the feedback!
Shutdown in system menu (s) just closes XBMC, rather than actually shutting down the system.
I make set posters! (I also take requests)
It's not skin specific. The behaviour of the shutdown menu is controlled by XBMC itself. Look under "Settings->System" where you can set it.
Strange that it works as intended using Aeon Nox, then.
I make set posters! (I also take requests)
(2013-04-16, 18:08)Dragen Wrote: Strange that it works as intended using Aeon Nox, then.

Well the command used for the shutdown button in Simplicity is :

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.Shutdown()</onclick>

By default, the Shutdown command exit XBMC only. If you want it to shutdown, you need to set it in XBMC settings. Did you? Because on my side it works as intended (shutdown will shutdown my HTPC).

From ( "List of built-in functions") : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._functions

Code:
ShutDown -> Trigger default Shutdown action defined in System Settings
After the update of oe 3.0.1 it is now showing .xml in the corner look at the image below

Have you had a look at the overlapping text in the when u press guide on the remote

Denis

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/62181510@N07/8677005298/
ah crap, I probably added by mistake a custom xml file I use for debugging/coding. Will push an update to resolve that.

For the other problem, it's not skin specific I think. It's a built-in function. That's how I understood it.

Thanks for the feedback!

ok, new version (3.2.7) should be in the repo by tomorrow night and this will fix the ".xml in the corner". Thanks for pointing that out.
Ah ok the only skin that does not do the dbl text is confluence

The rest do

So I don't know what it is

Denis
Well, the thing might be related to OpenElec as I don't have overlapping text when I press "o" or maybe your button "guide" is associated with 2 differents shortcuts and that you see both? Try by pressing "o" on a keyboard to see if you get overlapping text.
Updated to 3.2.9.

- New player infoscreen layout
- Default home screen now uses Icons instead of Labels (labels are available in skin options).
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Simplicity for XBMC 12.x (Frodo)2