• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Simplicity for XBMC 12.x (Frodo)
Version 3.3.0 has been released.

- option to show Recommended episodes instead of latest episodes.
- option to use extrafanart.
- option to remove the progress bar in Player infoscreen.
Here's an updated view (Logo Slide) with less info. Also made it available for movies (previously it was only available for Tv Shows).

With the option of a cleaner look (no clock and no "view options" shortcut hint):

The skin is now on Transifex!

If you want to easily translate the skin, just go there: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbm...implicity/

Skin will be updated about once a month with new translated files.

Thanks!
Balinus, can the source of the skin (including uncompressed textures) be found online somewhere? I'd love to use Simplicity as the basis for my own skin.
sure, here's the development SVN repo: http://code.google.com/p/simplicity-xbmc-mod/

There is some slight difference between the repo (3.3.1) and the stable release (3.3.0). I suggest you download the repo and copy/paste the media folder (i.e. uncompressed textures) onto the stable release.

Happy skinning!
Thanks!
Hello all!

I really like the simplicity skin, but how can I change/edit the entrys of the menu?

E.g. the ones under TV Series, so that I can delete "Genres" or add other entrys?

Best regards,
Dirk
You'll need to dig into the code for that. By default, you can't change submenus entries.
Am not sure if this skin is actively developed. There are few bugs I would like to report

a) the TV/Logo Slide view has the channel's logo in incorrect position. I basically superimposes over the TV show logo. Originally was above the stars. Can upload the screenshot if required.

b) Cannot assign the new subtitle addon to the subtitle button in the player menu.

c) Cannot hide the "Welcome" screen in the skin settings. Also cannot change its background.
The skin is developed for the upcoming version of XBMC. I could use the screenshot for a) and correct it in Simplicity for XBMC 13.

Not sure I understand b). You did pick the subtitle addon in the Skin settings?

I'll look into c).

Thanks!
Forgot to mention, I am using latest xbmc from git. Simplicity is v3.3 from xbmc addons site.

a) Following is the screenshot. "itv1" logo is superimposed over "Poirot" logo. The location originally was above the rating stars.

b) I have installed the new "opensubtitle" subtitle addon as shown in the first image. When I try to assign the addon to subtitle "ADD-ON NAME" as shown in second image, the box to choose the subtitle addon does not come up at all. I am however able to select the similar lyrics addon for music "cu.lyrics".

Thanks for continuing the development of this awesome skin.
ok, thanks for the screenshots. Always easier to debug.

Of course, using the latest XBMc from git might cause some of the problem, especially the first bug (logo placement). Anyway, the current dev Simplicity version us based on XBMC gotham and this should be easily repaired.

edit - ok, subtitle bug is related to the next subtitle "engine" in Gotham. It's been fixed in Simplicity SVN version. Logo placement has also been fixed, as well as the Welcome icon bug.
I checked the latest svn (revision 96) and following are the results
a) the location of channel logo has been fixed. However, a lot of those channel logos are missing e.g. the "itv1" logo in my screenshot is now not at all displayed for "Poirot" Sad.
b) This is fixed.
c) I still cant hide the "Welcome" screen in the main menu or change its background. Moreover, I am not sure of its utility as xbmc by default starts at "Videos" in the main menu.

Thank for the quick fixes.
Thanks for the feedback!

a) Strange. "itv1" does come up on my side for Broadchurch TV series.
b) good!
c) You can disible it by unselecting "Re-enable Welcome screen" in Skin settings. I'll change later on the label to "Show Welcome screen". I do admit that it's not necessarily something much useful. Maybe I'll disable it by default. Anyway, it should desappear if if unselect the setting I just mentioned.

For people interested to test out the latest version for Gotham, you can found it here : http://code.google.com/p/simplicity-xbmc-mod/
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Simplicity for XBMC 12.x (Frodo)2