• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Simplicity for XBMC 12.x (Frodo)
Simplicity is now in the official skin repo.

Here's a modification to Simplicity, so that we can use it with Frodo.

STABLE RELEASE IS 3.3.0

SVN (development version for Gotham): http://code.google.com/p/simplicity-xbmc-mod/

Acknowledgement : igotdvds for the creation of Simplicity.

-------------------------

Screenshots

CHANGE LOG (Frodo Version)

3.2.X (28-08-2013)
  • Support for Extrafanart
  • Added support for Watchlist items

3.2.X (19-08-2013)
  • Support for Global search script
  • Support for TV Show Next Aired script
  • Kids menu icon in Home screen now returns Family/Children movies instead of Tv shows.
  • New fonts (default is now "Ubuntu". The old font used is still available as..."default" (!) in Appearance).
  • Bug fixes

3.1.X (13-02-2013)
  • PVR support (still experimental has I have no PVR setup at home... please report bugs!)

CHANGE LOG (from Eden Simplicity Version)

2.0.8 (20-09-2012)
  • New Info Screen while video is playing.
  • Bigger fonts at some places.
  • Half-star ratings.
  • Fixed "Pictures" navigation bug.

2.0.2-2.0.3 (Made by ronie)
  • Support for Artwork Downloader

If you like this skin, you can donate here. Thank you, this is much appreciated for all the months I'm investing in the skin.

RELEASE: 3.1.0.
  • PVR support

PS: I don't have a tuner card. So, please report bugs for the PVR feature. I've borrowed the code from Confluence, so my guess is that it works OK, but who knows...
Hmm i might have to try this out. Was my favorite skin until development ceased.

Ill let you know how it works with tvheadend.
Thanks for the update.
@Balinus - thanks for the update. The only issue I can find is that I am unable to get to 'skin settings'. I like to use 'poster slide' for TV Series, but being unable to get to the skin settings, doesn't allow me to change the default behaviour from 'banner' to 'poster' which is needed to activate the 'poster slide' setting.
Strange, because I can access to skin settings from the Settings->Appearance->Settings. You're using version 3.1.0 ?

Just on a side note, skin settings under XBMC 12 is accessed differently.

(2013-02-13, 22:48)BrooksyX Wrote: Hmm i might have to try this out. Was my favorite skin until development ceased.

Ill let you know how it works with tvheadend.

Thanks!, I hope it works...

(2013-02-14, 00:26)Japaja Wrote: Thanks for the update.

No problem!
@Balinus - Hadn't noticed that before - was attempting access from home screen. Accessing from Appearances works fine great job, and thanks for doing this. Attempted to change but gave up when I couldn't get the scraper to work.
np. I was just beginnig to use Frodo and I "needed" Simplicity Smile

edit - I'll change the Home screen shortcut so that it works as designed.
How would you feel if I removed the studios logos? I wouldn't miss it personally and it would remove about 40MB from the skin, which is not negligible.
@Balinus - was this aimed at me? If so, I have no view either way. Is the decision based purely on distiributed size, or do you see this making the skin more flexible/fluent.
Well, it was directed at anyone using the skin or reading the thread.

It's mainly in terms of distributed size. The studios folder is about 50% of the size of the skin. I aim to release the skin to the main repo and there is a limit in terms of size.
Go for it.
Nice work, Balinus!

I used this skin until I've got my PVR stuff and it wasn't supported. That was a sad day of my life.
Today you've made it bright! Smile

I use Argus-tv PVR client and it works nicely.

Is there any way to remove unnecessary main menu items? Such as Kids, Pictures, etc.

I wouldn't cry for the studio logos.
(2013-02-24, 19:03)KundK Wrote: Nice work, Balinus!

I used this skin until I've got my PVR stuff and it wasn't supported. That was a sad day of my life.
Today you've made it bright! Smile

I use Argus-tv PVR client and it works nicely.

Is there any way to remove unnecessary main menu items? Such as Kids, Pictures, etc.

I wouldn't cry for the studio logos.

Thanks!

From memory, if you go inside the skin settings, you can hide most of the unnecessary icons. I'll confirm tomorrow.

In terms of PVR, is there any missing icons ? Like recording icons, etc...I have no way to test it.
(2013-02-25, 03:17)Balinus Wrote: Thanks!

From memory, if you go inside the skin settings, you can hide most of the unnecessary icons. I'll confirm tomorrow.

In terms of PVR, is there any missing icons ? Like recording icons, etc...I have no way to test it.

Balinus,

I can't remember recording icon. I'll check more thoroughly tonight.

I can't go to the Skin settings. It's there, but does nothing when I click on it. I haven't checked the debug log.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Simplicity for XBMC 12.x (Frodo)2