DVD-Playback with Samsung DVD-ROM
hello, i have just installed xbmc-2004-02-12, i have an x2.2 lite in my xbox running evox 3935 with xecuter2 4980 bios.  xbmc plays avi's, vcd and svcd fine.  i have auto play enabled for dvd, but it doesn't auto boot the original dvd i put in my samsung drive.  it can read the disc, so i tried playing 1 of the vob files, it played that file but with no sound, that was the only vob file i was able to play.  when i tried the dvd play button xbmc would freeze and i would have to reset the xbox.  from the faq and searching the forums before i installed xbmc i was under the impression that it did support original dvd playback, was i wrong?  sorry if this question has been asked before, but i couldn't find any reference to it.

thank you
(glycem @ feb. 16 2004,11:39 Wrote:xbmc plays avi's, vcd and svcd fine.  i have auto play enabled for dvd, but it doesn't auto boot the original dvd i put in my samsung drive.
correct, dvd-video is currecly not supported on the samsung dvd-rom drives (i have no idea why, but i know it's a known limitation)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
gamester17,

can you provide a little insight on this issue? is this due to firmware limitations? i read somewhere (quite a while ago) that it had to do with css decryption on the samsung drive?

any idea when a fix might be applied?

thanks...

(p.s. i just read your post again, the "i have no idea why" part made it's way through my thick skull. sorry, i blame midterms...)
Smile 
i don't think it have to do with firmware and i'm sure it can be fixed/solved in software (but again, i have not idea how)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(gag reflex @ april 05 2004,16:04 Wrote:just wondering what the problem is (if known) when it comes to dvd playback not working on some xboxs?
yes it is a know issue with samsung dvd-rom drives, duo said he will try to fix it when he can. don't think it region or pal/ntsc related

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD-Playback with Samsung DVD-ROM0