Slow start, freezing when going to different folders
Photo 
Hi all;
after trying for several months now, I seem not to get XBMC to get working properly.

These are the problems:
Starting up takes a very long time it looks like nothing is happening and after approx 3 to 4 minutes XBM screen pops up.

From there I can go to for example system and check the settings and so on, and everything runs smoothly.
The moment I go into the Movie or Video's map, all goes well unles I make XBMC search, then each time it freezes, like for another 3 minutes.
If I go to the map where you can see all your video's and or movies all runs perfectly, I choose a movie, click on it, it starts immediatly and can click all buttons except the one for subtitles, ( again a kind of search) then XBMC freezes again for a couple of minutes, really freezes up totally, then the subtitle screen jumps up and you can do all the rest fluently, close it and all works perfectly.
lets say I stop the movie go to the Pictures map and click pictures it freezes again for the smae amount of time and then all searches within the pictuire maps go fluently.
So problems are very slow startup, and freezes in searches.

When just on its startpage it sometimes uses up to 6 gig from the 8gig memory

XBMC runs from my C harddrive, all files are on a external fast USB3 HDD which works pretty fast with all other applications

I added PC info
AMD videocard info
and
XBMC debugfile in the links.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7rmovhfn3ezso0/xbmc.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffsjltgmax7nc3s/pc%20info.PNG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9jj2cw7kmxlc4...eocard.PNG

Any advice and help would be appreciated.
Kind regards
Frank
Nobody an idea?.
One more try
pushup.....
did u update from eden to frodo, or update from an frodo RC to final ?
did u install any skins or add-ons?
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
(2013-02-19, 19:53)bimme Wrote: did u update from eden to frodo, or update from an frodo RC to final ?
did u install any skins or add-ons?
Nope first total clean pc, rebooted, installing Win7 x64 , after installing drivers etc... so no other programs running on pc.
Xbmc installed....dame problem as when l started a couple of moths ago....see debug file.
I fear it has something to do with with the Videocard not being compatible with xbmc....but cannot proof it.

Thx
Frank
is ur htpc connected to the internet?
only thing in ur logfile consuming some time is an connection failure to an irss feed...as far as i´ve seen..

think there is no reason to blame ur videocard...
if u use HDMI only, u can try to disable your realtek sound...there are some problems with realtek drivers, but i think these problems are all sound related and have nothing to do with startup time... lets try..
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
It is a regular pc ( see added dropbox files) not an htpc, my pc is connected with HDMI to my TV set, ( as my receiver has no HDMI) and yes my pc is connected to the internet
But even with no HDMI in, the program still has those freezes;

I did a new debugfile. no HDMI connected , just running it on the pc nothing else connected:
started XBMC up debug was running..
to start up it takes like 3/4 minutes
Then clicked onto Music >> Files>> Freeze 3/4 minutes..then I can click on the add on titles and so on, no problems, going back...>>Freeze 3/4 minutes
Then I click onto Add Source>>brows>>freeze 3/4 minutes the I get found>> click onto OK and freeze 3/4 minutes. I added the path where to find the music,
IAfterwards I can click onto the folder music I get my music files click onto an artist map ipt opens and I can choose a song and click and everything works smoothly.

I get the same problems when I have to search for or pictures, or subtitles each time searches come in it freezes.
Whether I do a search on the HDD or on the USB3 external HDD

Tonight problems with sound seem to jump up..getting a little restless here ,;:=))
please find below the lates logfile as the prints to see the pc and the videocard specifications.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kbfllpfptrozw2o/q_Bq3uGeyD
right click on the exe, properties and select "run as administrator". then try again...
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
does not help...just tried it, freezes at the same places..takes long to even start up xbmc..like before
thx anyway trying to help me!
it is appreciated
there are alot of ffmpeg errors in the new log. seems there is a codec problem with the wma files u want to play....
but there is nothing to see about freezing for several minutes. When u look on the timestaps, the longest gap between is about 20seconds...
do u have a disc in your drive ? (just a guess)
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
Hi Bimme,
sorry for the late answer..

I tried to run a file with songs and the files did not play...so there goes the codec thing I assume
and no disk in the dvd drive...
it also seems to be searching after a RC ( remote controle) altough I do not have such a thing...??
Frank
Hi folks...long time and back again, just to give you all some feedback:
the problem has been solved, and it had nothing to do with XBMC

I have brought back the PC to the shop and Acer installed a new Hard drive and cardreader
Now XBMC is flashing with a speed like never before.
Thank you for all your support and trying to help me out.

Kind regards
Frank

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow start, freezing when going to different folders0