update library is really slow
hi. i have xbmc set to autoupdate the library on startup. it takes a long time to update the library. maybe 10 minutes or more. this is probably in part because it is a big library and the fact that it is running on a raspberry pi, so not a lot of power. i am trying to find a way to speed this up.i thought about splitting my library into archived shows and still on the air shows but that is not ideal. i thought about adding each show directory as a source and manually setting each one to update or not but that is also a pain to add new shows and not ideal.

anyone have any suggestions on how to speed this process up?

i did have another idea but i dont think xbmc can do it without coding something myself. if there was a temporary directory where shows that are ready to be put in the library can be placed, then xbmc could scan just that small directory, move them to where they need to go, and then only update those few files. or even scan the directory, update the library but with the paths to where the files will be after being moved to the proper locations, then move the files to the proper locations. probably not very practical though.
I have the same issue.. very very VERY slow update.. I have maybe 30 shows.. I think around 500 episodes in total.
If I start the update when I get up in the morning.. it's still running the day after.. :-( I haven't seen it finish yet... my patience wears thin... :-|
debug logs (wiki) needed.
scanning in 500 episodes could take some time initially, but subsequent scans should be really fast. I scan about 5000 episodes for newly added files in less than 2 minutes.
You are not auto-cleaning your library by any chance ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
update library is really slow0