SAT<IP support for PVR
@Startscream the same is true for every other backend. You can have it restart in case it crashes, though that's generally not necessary.

@dreamcat4 if you can't configure tvheadend then you can always use something else. It is one of the few that supports SAT>IP though.
@negge
It is a difference from users side, how many devices have to be checked to find the "bug".
I am fine with the statement of the devs, that none of them care about Sat>IP, but it would be a nice feature, if KODI would support it without any further backends.

But maybe one of the addon guys is interested.
So i would like to contribure a link to a reference implementation:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/satip/

C#, but it is about the basics Wink
SAT>IP itself is not the problem, it's everything else a backend provides like recording, EPG etc. that no one wants to implement since it's been done countless times already.
And what about a solution like SimpleIPTV?
It also supports neither recording nor EPG and many ppl like to use it.

But as you said: somebody has to do it Wink
Unfortunately this is out of my possibilities Sad
(2015-01-25, 17:58)negge Wrote: SAT>IP itself is not the problem, it's everything else a backend provides like recording, EPG etc. that no one wants to implement since it's been done countless times already.

+1

I think this gets overstepped to easily.
A real good PVR solution can/will do scheduled recordings even when I'm not at home.
I also don't want to leave my clients running, when I'm not using them, I have a server for that, which also makes sure I can have multiple clients.

So for recordings, EPG, timeshifting etc. a TV-Server is a must, I agree, that if don't needed a simpler plugin would be sufficient.

I don't think the Kodi team should worry about this feature there is already enough on the roadmap and besides at this moment there isn't a real good (headless) server variant of Kodi.

I see a SAT>IP tuner, mainly as tuner, just like any other USB/PCI-E tuner.
Do I need a special Sat2IP server or is it possible to use a sat-receiver with enigma2 and addons?
Using a pc with dvb-s2 card is no option I want a dedicated sat-receiver doing the sat2ip serving.
cU

xbmc4me
(2015-02-28, 10:01)XBMC4me Wrote: Do I need a special Sat2IP server or is it possible to use a sat-receiver with enigma2 and addons?
Using a pc with dvb-s2 card is no option I want a dedicated sat-receiver doing the sat2ip serving.

You really didn't look very hard did you?

http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR/Backend/VUPlus
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SAT<IP support for PVR0