XBMC on NAS + Shared Library
Not as far as I am aware. I have a server that doesn't have XBMC installed. As far as XBMC is concerned it is just a SMB server and a MySQL server. I get fanart etc on my clients.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-06, 08:38)k_zeon Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 03:25)nickr Wrote: Not sure what you mean.

i thought that if you wanted posters & fanart on Nas drive then you had to
point them with a path substitution.
Or do we not have to do this any more.

tks

Path substitution hasn't been required since before Frodo.
oh, so how does XBMC know where to store posters & fanart.
Would like to store on Nas in seperate folder, But dont know
how i would do that.

can you advise.

tks
(2014-05-06, 19:16)k_zeon Wrote: oh, so how does XBMC know where to store posters & fanart.
Would like to store on Nas in seperate folder, But dont know
how i would do that.

can you advise.

tks

AFAIK, starting with Frodo everything except the actual media files is stored in the database if you're using MySQL for the media library. If your database is on the NAS, that's where everything will be. The only time you'll actually have any separate files for fanart and posters is when you backup the media library using the separate files option, which will dump the media library into the media source path as jpg and nfo files.
ok, thanks for that. Did not know images were also stored in DB.
Is there a command to basicly delete the database in MySQL to start it over?
The images are not stored in the database. The address of the image is stored there. The images are stored on each client.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-10-16, 05:42)nickr Wrote: The images are not stored in the database. The address of the image is stored there. The images are stored on each client.

If that were the case, I don't think one or two of my set top boxes would be able to show the fan art and other images. My media library is huge, and the available storage on those set top boxes isn't much more than what's required for XBMC itself.

Also, if the images aren't stored in the DB and it's only the links (presumably to the client that has the images), then how can a different client load the images when the first client is powered off without scraping the internet (which it doesn't have to)?

All of this is wrong. I'd forgotten I'd set up path substitution on those boxes to pull the art from my media server. Derp.
Ok which table are they stored in?
You're right. I derped. I forgot that I set up path substitution on my clients.
(2014-10-16, 05:34)rmilyard Wrote: Is there a command to basicly delete the database in MySQL to start it over?

DROP is what you are looking for, but it's a last resort of course.

Look into phpMyAdmin, it's a web interface for managing a MySQL server. It'll help you learn the commands too Smile
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on NAS + Shared Library0