Gamespot Plus don't work anymore?!
gamespot.com recently updated their website.. redesigned and everything. and seems that gamespot plus doesnt work anymore! i hope there will be an update for gamespot plus script.. i really need it to stream all the medias to my tv! Smile
i would also really like this script to work again.

also, does the script get media from gamespot complete subscribers?

i started to update the script to the new website.
but its not ready yet so don't ask.
if its too much work (binds too much of my time) i will have to drop it.
maybe its just some regex changes and its working again.
we'll see ...

bernd
i'm actually interested in trying to update this script as well... i don't know much python (yet), but since i'm a delphi developer i'm sure i could pick it up without many problems.

have you figured out the key gamespot urls yet? it looks like the old gamespot script used a special url (http://www.gamespot.com/misc/stream_xbox.php) in order to pull the videos.

the closest to getting a video list (eg. video reviews) is from here:
http://www.gamespot.com/videos.....reviews

however, there are two problems. the first is that the list is listed in pages instead of all at once. the second is that sometimes gamespot displays that "please click here to continue" page which might through the script off.

anyways, i'm hoping you might share any knowledge you have (about the urls) so that i can hopefully help out in getting this script to work again.

if you want to contact me privately, feel free to send me an email ([email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
the xbox_stream.php address is only used for gamespot 1.0.
this was the first gamespot script available. it had just a few videos/reviews and only in low resolution.

the other address is the right address to get all the review/videos from. from there you can get also high resolution videos.

Quote:however, there are two problems. the first is that the list is listed in pages instead of all at once. the second is that sometimes gamespot displays that "please click here to continue" page which might through the script off.
i already checked these out.
1. i haven't found any ways to get a complete list. you have to fetch multiple pages to get all entries in the list.
2. i 've seen the "click here to continue" page only on first access. then it saves a cookie to remeber that you've already seen it and it doesn't need to show it again. i think the only solution is to return the cookie to the gamespot server. (ooba's cachedhttp.py can handle that. see python dev forum for details)

cheers
bernd
thanks for the reply.

one more quick question... (in case i'm missing something)

in order to get the actual video url it seems like you need to follow a couple of urls. for example:

1) follow first url (from videos.html) to get pid/sid.
2) follow popup url to get url value from param tag.
3) follow url value to get last ref tag value url.
4) play video from ref tag value.

as i mentioned above, it seems like you must load three urls before you can get the real link to the video file. maybe this is the only way to do it, but it creates an awfully big delay when trying to play videos...

is there some sort of shortcut you can take?

edit: i'm not sure if this will help you out, but here are the cookies gamespot is sending:

Quote:# ** this one checks for first-time entrance?
# domain: .gamespot.com
# name: gspot_promo_101805
# content: 1
# path: /

# name: gspot_side_101805
# content: 2

# name: gsliveprefs
# content: asx-56 or asx-100 or asx-300 or asx-700
# (56k, 100k, 300k, or 700k)

# name: gs_autoplay

# name: gs_dl_p
# content: ftm or psp
# (ftm = low-res mpeg, psp = psp video)

# name: tgs2005

good to hear that you guys are working on it... keep me updated here Smile
any updates? Sad
not yet... i'm still trying to figure out how to use cachedhttp (so i can tell gamespot i'm loggedin, the movie preferences, etc)
you just have to call savecookies (or something like that) at the end of the script so the cookies you got from gamespot are saved to disk.

bernd
updates? Smile
umm...is it safe to abandon hope now?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gamespot Plus don't work anymore?!0