WIP x-wall
Based on my other project dawn, working on this one aswell ... here is what i've got so far ...

i can see this...
i think it would look good if you have a 40+ inch HDTV.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
The idea is to use it on a tv with a remote or touch screen devices.
I like the idea butcha - i think it has potential. you certainal have the skills to be able to pull it off. how do you envision library browsing (music movies and tv)?
better go with 3x3 instead of 4x4 i think.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
personally I'd use large icons for each cell instead of the hard to identify background image - they are way to complex for the size and the font is too "shy" to compensate that. Just my personal first impression.
Deleted ...
Oh very nice. Great idea. Would be awesome if you could call home menu from wherever you are (overlay).
I could even see a semi transparent OSD in this style working very well.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
I like the idea Butcha but don't think having a straight block of color for the overlay works for it. So I had a little free time and figured I'd play around a little and came up something like this...

Thinking some more on it, there are some really killer animations that would work perfectly for this skin idea. With <WindowOpen> and <WindowClose> unfocused tiles could appear / disappear at random intervals. Things like the clock, now playing info, etc could fade in when there isn't any user activity.
yes! I love the last proposition!
would be nice!
cheers
Thanx for your feedback dudes ...

(2013-02-15, 02:35)MassIV Wrote: Oh very nice. Great idea. Would be awesome if you could call home menu from wherever you are (overlay).
I could even see a semi transparent OSD in this style working very well.

Yeah, have some nice ideas in my mind Smile

(2013-02-15, 08:51)Sranshaft Wrote: I like the idea Butcha but don't think having a straight block of color for the overlay works for it. So I had a little free time and figured I'd play around a little and came up something like this...

Thinking some more on it, there are some really killer animations that would work perfectly for this skin idea. With <WindowOpen> and <WindowClose> unfocused tiles could appear / disappear at random intervals. Things like the clock, now playing info, etc could fade in when there isn't any user activity.

The color block is done with colordiffuse, the user will be able to choose whatever he likes Smile
Animations and fonts is something i'm working on ... these are no mockups, it's already coded Tongue

I'm faster with notepad++ Rofl
Wow, this is cool!
Nice to see a lot of skinners already chipping in Smile. You've sturred something up here Butchabay!
(2013-02-15, 01:33)butchabay Wrote: Tweaked a bit around ...

butcha... what icon set is that?

Cheers Wink
My favourite Pack Smile
From xperience1080
(2013-02-15, 12:04)butchabay Wrote: My favourite Pack Smile
From xperience1080

Cheers. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
x-wall4