Win Updated to Frodo, now remote control functions abnormally
Since updating to Frodo, both my MCE clone remote and Logitech Harmony remote are experiencing changed behavior when pressing play or pause. This only occurs in the music library. If I go back out to the home screen or full screen, play and pause work as expected. In the music library, play ends up queueing (much like pressing OK) and pause moves down the list (much like pressing the down arrow). I am convinced this is a bug as the behavior only occurs in the music library and it happened after upgrading. Keyboard presses work as expected.

Would a log file help in this case (as in, could I see what event is received and how it is mapped)? What else can I do to troubleshoot?
(2013-02-14, 14:53)MattD Wrote: Would a log file help in this case (as in, could I see what event is received and how it is mapped)? What else can I do to troubleshoot?

Yes, if you enable debug log (wiki)ging, the log will show the key presses as recognized by XBMC and what actions were taken as a result of those key presses. You should try these two keys outside of music library (e.g., playing video) and then inside of music library and compare how XBMC recognized these keys and what actions were taken in these different locations. If you wish for others to review your log, upload its contents to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assign URL here with your reply. Also, please state in your reply which lines to focus on in the log for play/pause key presses inside and outside of the music library.

Also, when you say these keys don't work correctly in "music library", are you referring to navigating the list of items within the music library or are you saying play/pause don't work correctly while listening to a song selected from the music library view?
Thanks. The log is of a sequence that consists of me starting XBMC, entering the music library, selecting a song (which plays it), then pressing pause, with the unexpected effect. I then navigated back out of the music library view to the main XBMC screen (Weather, Music, Photos, Video, etc.) and then pressed pause again. This time, pause worked as expected. The log is at the link below. The relevant search term appears to be "f200", though I'll have to trust someone with more experience debugging to determine if that is in fact, what I should be looking for.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36392

To answer your question, I mean the former. If I am not in the music library view, even with a song selected from it, play/pause works as expected.

For reference, this particular log was only using the MCE clone remote. Since it appears it is sending the same commands as my universal, I'll troubleshoot this one first as it's simpler, and perhaps I'll get a solution to both.

Regards,
Matt

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated to Frodo, now remote control functions abnormally0