• 45(current)
IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP
I am trying to make my m3u playlist reachable through the web. So that if i install 5 XBMC boxes in 5 different places all will have acceess to that one unique and up to date playlist with all the live channels i will be adding daily, but with no success.

I used dropbox and microsoft one drive, extracted the links that direct to the playlist file but XBMC live tv isn't able to read the channel list.

I also tried to find other FTP sites to host the file but all of them did not support the .M3U file extension to my surprise !!!!!!

Has anyone tried this before ? Just to note , the same playlist when stored on my local drive is working fine. So it is not a matter of my playlist or its structure.

Having an online playlist for all of our devices would be really cool ....

Please help me on that one ...

Thanx a lot ...
@GeorgeRx, try github.io
(2014-05-14, 16:41)afedchin Wrote: @GeorgeRx, try github.io

Afedchin, many thanks for your reply... But i would need a bit more help please ..

I created my git ... How can i add my playlist.m3u file insid the git to be ready to be contacted by the PVR IPTV add-on Huh

Here is a pic of the exact setup i am trying to complete :

The dropbox path from chrome is reachable and the file is downloadable but inside XBMC PVR iptv does not load the channels !!! Any help would be greatly appreciated !!
Did you try and remove the 's' in 'https://' ?
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
Hi, guys! Need your help a bit:

Tried to install iptv simple on a Apple TV 1st gen, running crystalbuntu (with the broadcom hd board) and XBMC 13.0 gotham, but without much success. Somehow I seem to be missing the PVR add ons category in my repository. However, if i search for "iptv" I find it, but when I try to install it, nothing happens and in the logs I get this message:

Code:
02:36:30 T:2779847488   DEBUG: FileManager: copy /usr/xbmc/share/xbmc/addons/pvr.iptvsimple -> special://home/addons/packages/pvr.iptvsimple
02:36:30 T:2779847488   ERROR: DeleteFile - cant delete file </home/atv/.xbmc/addons/packages/pvr.iptvsimple>. trying lower case </home/atv/.xbmc/addons/packages/pvr.iptvsimple>
02:36:30 T:3008342784   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://search/iptv)
02:36:30 T:3008342784   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [addons://search/iptv]
02:36:30 T:2779847488   DEBUG: Search query: SELECT addonID FROM addon WHERE name LIKE '%iptv%' OR summary LIKE '%iptv%' OR description LIKE '%iptv%'
02:36:30 T:2858072896  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
02:36:30 T:2858072896   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 2858072896 terminating

Do you have any suggestions? I've tried to find a zip installer, but all links seem to be pointing to the official add-on repository.

Thanks!
(2014-05-15, 02:44)dark_master Wrote: Hi, guys! Need your help a bit:

Tried to install iptv simple on a Apple TV 1st gen, running crystalbuntu (with the broadcom hd board) and XBMC 13.0 gotham, but without much success. Somehow I seem to be missing the PVR add ons category in my repository. However, if i search for "iptv" I find it, but when I try to install it, nothing happens and in the logs I get this message:

Code:
02:36:30 T:2779847488   DEBUG: FileManager: copy /usr/xbmc/share/xbmc/addons/pvr.iptvsimple -> special://home/addons/packages/pvr.iptvsimple
02:36:30 T:2779847488   ERROR: DeleteFile - cant delete file </home/atv/.xbmc/addons/packages/pvr.iptvsimple>. trying lower case </home/atv/.xbmc/addons/packages/pvr.iptvsimple>
02:36:30 T:3008342784   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://search/iptv)
02:36:30 T:3008342784   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [addons://search/iptv]
02:36:30 T:2779847488   DEBUG: Search query: SELECT addonID FROM addon WHERE name LIKE '%iptv%' OR summary LIKE '%iptv%' OR description LIKE '%iptv%'
02:36:30 T:2858072896  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
02:36:30 T:2858072896   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 2858072896 terminating

Do you have any suggestions? I've tried to find a zip installer, but all links seem to be pointing to the official add-on repository.

Thanks!
In latest Final Gotham of CB2 is included. Search crystalbuntu forums. no need to install or compile manually.
I got one silly question !!!
I am interest does this will work as I think ?

I want to change Something in xbmc-addon-iptvsimple-master (.cpp .h ) and compile in New version.I want to change Name Simple in name feke.(Add-on name)
This will be a feke simple and this PVR will be my client No.2 with new source of EPG.(not for watching)

I try to add second source of EPG.xml in IPTVSimple ,but I figure it out that this PVR just send adress Path to PVR,and the PVR do the rest.(with adress string client of IPTVSimple)
If I add new PVR IPTVFeke (client 2) PVR will use bouth sources :Client and Client2 and I will have two source of EPG.xml.
I dont know does the PVR Support two diferent client for EPG,with different adress string...Huh
One source be a URL and second from my local file.With this I will have for all of my channel EPG and I can start all of my channel from EPGTimeLine(now is visible only channel who have EPG)
Does somebody try to use IPTVSimple as client 1 and XBMC PVR Demo client 2 (epg source in his xml),and read the Epg7.db and TV22.db ?
If you try ,please write answer ,does PVR Suport more then one client for EPG .
I want more then one EPG sources Smile
(2014-05-16, 14:23)afedchin Wrote: Every PVR client can have own EPG source. But it can provide EPG only for channels which it owns.

Thanks,this help me Smile
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Every PVR client can have own EPG source. But it can provide EPG only for channels which it owns.
Hello, i don't know if i'm alone but since the switch from Frodo to Gotham (on Raspberry Pi under OpenELEC) i encounter issues with this addon that i didn't met before.
First, i have buffer issues, some channels don't work anymore. I tried to add a minvideocachelevel in advancedsettings but without success
And i have another problem with audio streams. I can't choose anymore the audiostream of the channel. I have no more choice.

If i play these channels directly without the addon (from bookmarked playlist for example, i have no problem at all. No buffer issues and all audio streams are available.

Do you know what's going wrong ??
thx
I am having the same issue as @navycrow, some channels or some times a given channel does not have sound. I am running OpeneElec 4.0.1 in an Intel NUC box. My log is in the address below. You can see channel pvr.231 and pvr.232 failed to get audio there are lots of decode errors, in the other hand channel pvr.233 worked and I get audio, but no audio streams are listed in the audio settings while the stream is being played.

Playing the stream through a .strm file or from video files (.m3u) I get audio all the time and the different audio channels (languages) are listed in the audio settings, including the subtitles (teletext).

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/RE3hBuiW
@navycrow, @MrBogus
Add-on doesn't process a stream doesn't open it and just provide an url to the XBMC player. All issues with playback are issues of XBMC Player or PVR manager.
@afedchin,
Thank you, I will seek help some where else.
@MrBogus,
I have to ask you to move your question to an another thread. This thread is not the place for such discussions. Thanks.
@afedchin 1st: thanks for the addon !
2nd: i read the whole thread looking for info about the icons , and i think you should update the first post here and the github site description. in both we can find outdated info about the icon:

Quote:- tvg-logo is name of channel logo file without extension (.png). If this tag is absent then addon will use channel name to find logo.

that is outdated, we need name and extension now.
also there is no changelog info in the first page or in the github site. i saw more than a few people asking the same thing, with the same error because of that.

and now i have a question Angel
there is way to put the url path of the icons in the m3u file?? this comes handy when you share m3u link with family and friends. i think @dhead requested something similar

example:
Code:
#EXTINF:-1, tvg-logo="http://mysite.com/logos/cnn.png" group-title="News", CNN
http://sitestreaming.com/dude/what/dude/what/dude/playlist.m3u8

ninjaedit:
i got another question
what is the default/recomended height and width for the logos? i used a 500x500 png files but xbmc resized it and looks bad

cheers!
When it comes to logos, I would stay on 256 or lower. Not only that the resizing looks bad on bigger logos, but it also takes more time to load.
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP14