• 50(current)
IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP
(2014-08-09, 17:33)paulsk2 Wrote: hi guys . ive just got iptv working using this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXs_m3pYGLk but it doesnt explain how to get the epg working . looking at its settings i just need an xmltv url . can someone help me out with it please
Its reasonably straight forward, you add the path of your xmltv url within the settings area of IPTV, then more importantly you ensure that the name of each channel in your m3u file correspond with the xml file. (note: addon supports local xmltv files as well as web urls)

Then if epg is up to date with one or more of the channels in your m3u everything should just work.
(Also dont forget to update EPG in live TV settings option after setting up and/or making changes under IPTV settings)

Carefully re-read this post in this thread from developer of IPTV (afedchin), its very clear about what to do with exception of icon naming in m3u which now must include extension (i.e. BBC World.png BBC1 World.jpg)

I personally only use tvg-name tag which I then believe is only item within #EXTINF:-1 string which must align with channel name in xmltv file

Here is a simple example of what information I use in my m3u, entering a valid channel stream url below each channel #EXTINF:-1 entry.

#EXTM3U tvg-shift=0

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="BBC World" tvg-logo="BBC World.png" group-title="Working Channels",[COLOR blue]BBC World[/COLOR]
http://.....................
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="BBC News" tvg-logo="BBC News.png" group-title="Working Channels",[COLOR red]BBC News[/COLOR]
http://.....................

Just to be clear, I am using a personal stations.m3u and epg.xml stored locally on my network. (Internet URL's provided by other users, as in your example youtube video typically have a short shelf life of working availability)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
i just discovered this addon. can someone please be so kind to share their iptv playlist, preferably reliable U.S. channels. i searched the internet, but found playlist w/ mostly dead channels. thanks for any help in advance.

edit: rephrased. hope this is ok.
@alexp4re read forum rules mate.
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
Hey there.

Thanks for the hard work.

I'm also experiencing the problem with another PVR addon enabled.
I am using NextPVR for DVB-T, which works perfect. As soon as I enable IPTVSimple, all the channels from NextPVR disappear.
When I disable IPTVSimple - they automatically reappear.

Is there any way to solve this? I really want to use IPTVSimple but just can't give up on my DVB-T...

Thank you Smile
can someone please help me out. per post# 738, i'm lookin to get some reliable U.S. channels. a m3u playlist perhaps. i can't find any on my own. please show me how or point me to the right direction. thanks.
hello,

can someone help me please,

i use xbmc Kodi 14 alpha 2, before gotham 13.2 and some problem.

i have m3u channel list working perfect on Iptv android plugin and with mx player is working perfect. My Device is android TV Box (Quad core 1.7 GHZ, 2G Ram)

but now the problem: using pvr simple iptv, i have lot of buffering, and xbmc crush after that. every channel work well thant only buffering after buffering.

can you help me please !! the some problem on my Notebook i3 Core 2,8GHZ
Hi All,
I just start palyng with that plugin, and I used webgrab+ to get EPG data for my chanels.
So i found thate in generated XMLTV file there are paths to chanels logos, which was not displayed.

I prepare a patch to be able to use that data. If owner of plugin can integrate it in next releases, it will be nice.
Tested on linux kodi and android spmc.

link will expire after a mounth - Git patch.
Hello,

I'm using webgrab+ to generate xmltv files.
Let's say one of line looks like
<programme start="20140904163000 +0200" stop="20140904173000 +0200" channel="SkySports1.uk">

but iptvsimple plugin shows me that program stars at 16:30, so it didn't look to +0200. Is it possible to make it to look to that +0200?

I now that is possible to add timeshift to all channels in the iptvsimple configuration but it's not good for me because I'm using different websites for schedules so they provide me times from different timezones..
(2014-09-04, 16:53)Dovydasz Wrote: Hello,

I'm using webgrab+ to generate xmltv files.
Let's say one of line looks like
<programme start="20140904163000 +0200" stop="20140904173000 +0200" channel="SkySports1.uk">

but iptvsimple plugin shows me that program stars at 16:30, so it didn't look to +0200. Is it possible to make it to look to that +0200?

I now that is possible to add timeshift to all channels in the iptvsimple configuration but it's not good for me because I'm using different websites for schedules so they provide me times from different timezones..
Yes, but you need to add the timeshift to the .m3u file. For example:
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="TV1" tvg-logo="TV1.png" tvg-shift="2" group-title="MyChannels",TV1
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
@Maniac
Can you help me to guide add CURL in IPTVSimple? I build on ubuntu 12.04 32bit. I tried add CURL but not possible.
Hi,

I have installed the iptvsimple PVR on windows and android xbmc. worked great with a remote playlist from http://xty.me/vdubt25. If i try to play a playlist.m3u wich is local on my xbmc machine (windows vista) it owrks. If I upload the playlist.m3u file to a linux debian web server. Channles are not loaded and the path is good. Any idea why? Please help.

Thank you
@Jean2014 Impossible to say without knowing the URL and trying it for myself. Have you looked in xbmc.log file?

Does anyone else have this problem? I run MX Linux Gotham 13.2 on ATV1200 and I am using a popular remote channel list. When I restart XBMC it always fails to load the channel list from remote site first time, but then works if I disable then enable LiveTV. I don't get the problem when I cache the channel list, but that means it doesn't get updated. Any ideas how to fix this?
Does this work with android devices?
Should do, there are good video tutorials on YouTube from vdubt25 on how to set it up.
Saludos tengo un gran problema con este pvr existen canales que en simpletv se ven normalmente pero al utilizar este plugin en XBMC se cortan a los 10 segundos, existe alguna actualizacion del archivo XBMC_IPTV_Simple_win32.dll?

google Translate:
Greetings I have a big problem with this pvr have channels that are normally seen simpletv but using this plugin in XBMC are cut at 10 seconds, is there any upgrade XBMC_IPTV_Simple_win32.dll file?
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP14