• 51(current)
IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP
Trying to get iptv working, if I set it up as per instructions using the remote link for the channel list it works. When I create a m3u list from available links, the channels that start with http play fine but most are rtmp and I can't get any of these streams to play - heeeeeeeeelp!!!!
Question 
My first exposure to Media Centres and IPTV etc with a recently installed IPTV Simple Client for LIVE TV and EPG on my new Minix X7 Android 4.2.2. box running XBMC Gotham 13.3 so please understand if I do not explain myself well.
Confused
I have gotten up to speed generally and have LIVE TV and streaming from the net and also media streaming wirelessly from my home network PC's media library to the Minix however, I still have a couple of issues which are bugging me and which I have not been able to resolve even with help from the Minix forums. Hoping someone here can help? .

The issues below have to so with the fact that I am an Australian (arguably English speaking Tongue ) expat currently living in Thailand but I suppose anyone in a timezone different to the EPG would be affected:

1. IPTV Simple Client Timezone (TimeShift?) Adjustment.
To deal with local timezone adjustments in his excellent YouTube tutorials Brandon ("Vdubt25") makes mention of changing the Timeshift value in the EPG (http://is.gd/vguide2) config for the IPTV Simple Client to adjust for your timezone. I have played around with this a couple of times moving the shift back and forward with restarts of XBMC but it doesn't make any difference to the EPG display? My timezone is UTC +7. I'm not sure what the base EPG UTC is but I guess that's only relevant when and if I get the adjustment working. Oh, my setup for Android on the Minix ox is UTC+7 or Thai time.

2. Global XBMC Language and Region Settings
In the International Settings for Language and Region you can select English only for the US,UK, AU and NZ regions. The Language setting then effects the Regions you can choose and for English it supports a 12 or 24 hour clock in US, UK, AU & NZ only?

I'm not sure if this has any impact on the EPG times but being resident in Thailand English is not selectable? At present I have my Language set as English (AU) and Region as Australia due to my being an Aussie of course.
Also, on the top RHS of the EPG display in the Confluence (default) skin the time is shown as my Minix Android time (my local time in Thailand).

Can anyone clarify any of the above and how these settings work and interact?

3. Channel List and EPG
It seems the Channel List (http://xty.me/vdubt25) doesn't appear to show all the channels? During the channel and EPG loads from the net (not cached) when I open XBMC the first time with the Simple IPTV client I was presented with over 300 channels and it now shows over 400 but I only see about 150 actual channels in both the Channel List and the EPG shows even less? It seems like it may be showing correct accumulated numbers but not actually loading all of the information when I load XBMC and it refreshes off the URLs?
BY the way. a suggestion to reset the EPG database didn't work.

Are these software glitches or can I fine tune settings like set a start-up delay or or something?

Lightbulb 
Since posting the above I have had a few hours to research further and found the following:

1 and 2. Timezones and Timeshift for EPG, Languages and Regions.
I a still somewhat hazy on the below and it is confusing so I hope my description is clear enough and apologise if not. If anyone has a better explanation or guide as to how the EPG works I would really appreciate it.

Firstly, I have found the Timeshift adjustment does work if you make the Timeshift adjustment then reset the EPG database in the Add-On and Live TV settings.
The confusion I had was that I was expecting all the channels no matter the country to show what was on at "my" current time according to the EPG. However, this appears not to be the case.
The EPG shows the times offset for each area served by a channel shown.

For example, let's say it is 6pm and you are in the U.K. The EPG shows a BBC Evening News 6-7pm program and as expected, that is what is on when you switch to the channel.
However, if you then switch to a U.S. channel you see a particular Sitcom but that does not show on the EPG at 6pm. Rather, the EPG shows it at 23:00 using an hours offset from current UK time.

Seems to me it would be much better if the time on your EPG showed the Sitcom that is showing on the US Channel "now" in your time or in the above case at 6pm and not 23:00 (or whatever). Maybe it does but I have not found out how to achieve it yet and looking for guru advice.

If I have the above upside down or around the wrong way please let me know as I would love to hear from anyone who can provide an correct or more accurate guide and/or better information and I would love to get a more "sensible" time display based on my timezone to show me what is on "anywhere" at a set time using one zone as the base (mine).

3. Channel List and EPG.
The and the EPG does not sync with the Channels listing as far as I can tell. I have no idea why only some of the channels are included in the EPG as many I can see when looking through the Channel list do have an EPG I have seen elsewhere (eg local cable listings). Nor do I know why not all of the channels in the channel list are reflected in the EPG list? I see we are told "it is what it is" and "they come and they go" but I don't understand enough to know why it changes so much? Like I said originally I'm still a newbie so if you can "show me the light" I would appreciate have my electrons lit up. Wink

(2014-09-11, 00:34)Tip_Top Wrote: Does this work with android devices?

Yes it does.....Mostly.
Cheers guys,

I need some help using this addon.
I'm using IPTV Simple (for IPTV channels) + DVBlink addon (for Dreambox Channels). The problem is I can't get them both to work at the same time.
When they are both enabled only DVBlink channels show on LIVE TV. I have to disable it so the channels from IPTV addon show up.

Could someone help me out on this issue?

Appreciate your help.
Thanks.
Where can I find download link for this addon for my rpi running openelec?
I'm trying to install this and it is not showing up in the PVR Clients list, any ideas? Thanx.
Avander
I'm in timezone + 7 too, here is what works for me ( fingers crossed )

XBMC timezone set to Asia/Bangkok ( in Appearance / International )

setup webgrab+plus or mc2xml for UTC so the XML TV listings file shows +0000
eg : programme start="20140924131500 +0000" stop="20140924140000 +0000" channel="BBC One">
I'm not sure ( haven't tried yet ) but think you need to adjust this to the time zone your channels originate
as mine come from the UK its UTC = GMT so +0000

Then in IPTV Simple setup set to + 7 ( apply to all channels ) then ok
but don't reset PVR or EPG database just do a restart or reboot of XBMC
listings are correct :-)

When I did reset PVR or EPG database the timings changed but not as expected so it was very confusing.

(2014-09-23, 12:07)karimf Wrote: Cheers guys,

I need some help using this addon.
I'm using IPTV Simple (for IPTV channels) + DVBlink addon (for Dreambox Channels). The problem is I can't get them both to work at the same time.
When they are both enabled only DVBlink channels show on LIVE TV. I have to disable it so the channels from IPTV addon show up.

Could someone help me out on this issue?

Appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Have you tried changing the "numbering channels starts at" option in IPTV simple settings ?
lets say you have 500 dreambox channels start your IPTV simple channels at number 501
(2014-09-25, 06:05)john2001 Wrote: Avander
I'm in timezone + 7 too, here is what works for me ( fingers crossed )

XBMC timezone set to Asia/Bangkok ( in Appearance / International )

setup webgrab+plus or mc2xml for UTC so the XML TV listings file shows +0000
eg : programme start="20140924131500 +0000" stop="20140924140000 +0000" channel="BBC One">
I'm not sure ( haven't tried yet ) but think you need to adjust this to the time zone your channels originate
as mine come from the UK its UTC = GMT so +0000

Then in IPTV Simple setup set to + 7 ( apply to all channels ) then ok
but don't reset PVR or EPG database just do a restart or reboot of XBMC
listings are correct :-)

When I did reset PVR or EPG database the timings changed but not as expected so it was very confusing.

Thanks for the info John,
I'm not (knowingly) using either webgrab+plus or mc2xml and not sure what you mean by using these? I will do some research but think they are apps to take the Channel listing and/or the EPG and download to XBMC from their respective URLs? If so, then my XBMC / IPTV Simple Client setup is to retrieve both the URLs each time I start XBMC and then refresh them every 2 hours.
I am not caching them on my X7. As this is how mine is set up I guess it means that to resolve as you are suggesting I would have to update the TV Listings file every time I start XBMC which would not be very practical?
Please let me know if I have it wrong.
cheers,
(2014-09-25, 14:44)avander Wrote: Thanks for the info John,
I'm not (knowingly) using either webgrab+plus or mc2xml and not sure what you mean by using these? I will do some research but think they are apps to take the Channel listing and/or the EPG and download to XBMC from their respective URLs? If so, then my XBMC / IPTV Simple Client setup is to retrieve both the URLs each time I start XBMC and then refresh them every 2 hours.
I am not caching them on my X7. As this is how mine is set up I guess it means that to resolve as you are suggesting I would have to update the TV Listings file every time I start XBMC which would not be very practical?
cheers,

I'm newbie at this.

Yes webgrab+plus and mc2xml are aplications that retrieve the EPG data ( 7 days or more ) from the respective online sources
they then produce a XMLTV compatable file that you can use on your local machines so they will all have the same data and not have to
go updating every hour.

So you are saying you get your EPG data from an external source ? ( allready prepared )
if you can find where its being kept on your XBMC machine then you can check the

Quote:programme start="20140924131500 +0000" stop="20140924140000 +0000" channel="BBC One">

info

Quote:my XBMC / IPTV Simple Client setup is to retrieve both the URLs each time I start XBMC and then refresh them every 2 hours.

How do you get it to refresh every 2 hours ? some sort of cron script ?

Quote:I would have to update the TV Listings file every time I start XBMC which would not be very practical?

You just said it updates at every boot and then every 2 hours now I'm confused Rofl
(http://is.gd/vguide2)

shows

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<tv generator-info-name="WebGrab+Plus/w MDB &amp; REX Postprocess -- version 1.1.1/53.17 -- Jan van Straaten" generator-

So you are using ( indirectly ) WebGrab+Plus ( some one vdubt25 ? used WebGrab+Plus then made the file available on that web page)

channels on that EPG listing are set to UTC + 1 hour and + 7

Quote:programme start="20140926200000 +0100" stop="20140926210000 +0100" channel="Sky One"

Quote:start="20140925190000 +0700" stop="20140925200000 +0700" channel="MTV Asia

EekEek
Reply to aasyss,

I'm trying to reply to your Private message but you have it disabled on your profile. Please enable it so I could reply to you.
How to add iptv using zip
Anyone can help me?
(2014-09-26, 06:05)john2001 Wrote:
(2014-09-25, 14:44)avander Wrote: Thanks for the info John,
cheers,

I'm newbie at this.

Yes webgrab+plus and mc2xml are aplications that retrieve the EPG data ( 7 days or more ) from the respective online sources
they then produce a XMLTV compatable file that you can use on your local machines so they will all have the same data and not have to
go updating every hour.

So you are saying you get your EPG data from an external source ? ( allready prepared )
if you can find where its being kept on your XBMC machine then you can check the

Quote:programme start="20140924131500 +0000" stop="20140924140000 +0000" channel="BBC One">

info

Quote:my XBMC / IPTV Simple Client setup is to retrieve both the URLs each time I start XBMC and then refresh them every 2 hours.

How do you get it to refresh every 2 hours ? some sort of cron script ?

Quote:I would have to update the TV Listings file every time I start XBMC which would not be very practical?

You just said it updates at every boot and then every 2 hours now I'm confused Rofl

John, The update interval is in XBMC/LIVE TV SETTINGS/ EPG/ ADVANCED Settings
cheers
Thanks for the info Avander.

some more reading here

http://webgrabplus.com/content/utc-0500-not-working-me

leads here

http://www.webgrabplus.com/content/times...orrections

Quote:- Try to figure out if the xmltv importer of the PVR you are using works as described above (correct for the actual local UTC offset). (Some importers have problems with xmltv files containing different utcoffsets , reading only the first one found and assuming this to be the only one)

I wonder if IPTVSimple has problems with xmltv files containing different utcoffsets ??
Jsat that made epg for vdubt25 has already said epg is based on UK time and is not able to be changed.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP14