Win [FRODO] No Addons Showing Up
Hello,

After many years of using Windows Media Center, and after the death of my last HTPC, I've built a new machine based on a guide on Lifehacker. I've installed XBMC (FRODO) and am trying to get addons. When I navigate to the addons (System -> Addons -> Get Addons -> xbmc.org add-ons) the repository list is empty.

I'm also getting frequent pop-up messages that Universal Addon Scraper and TheAudioDb Addon is broken. Even when I tell the popup to disable them, they don't disable. When I go into the addon configuration, the all the menu options (including disable) are greyed-out.

I have tried clicking 'force refresh' and 'check for updates' on the xbmc.org add-ons and nothing happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (and forgive me if this is posted somewhere, I searched the forums but didn't find any solution).
Well I found my own solution to this, and will post it in case it helps anyone else out. I'm not sure that everything I did was necessary but this is what I did after noticing that creating a folder in the XBMC folder was requiring administrator privelages for some reason:

- I changed user account control settings to off
- I uninstalled XBMC
- I rebooted
- I reinstalled XBMC as administrator

With this fresh install, the add-ons showed up. So I'm not sure if files inside XBMC were having trouble updating but these steps resolved the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO] No Addons Showing Up0