Unknown nodetype requested?
On my installation of XBMC Frodo (stable) I'm seeing these warnings in my xbmc.log, when entering a TV show for the season overview:

Code:
22:44:10 T:3048209264 WARNING: GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://2/2/42/0/?tvshowid=42

This happens with the default Confluence skin. Could someone explain what this means? I couldn't find anything in the forums about this error in current stable.
It's nothing to worry about - it's simply telling a developer that there's some debugging that isn't appropriate.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm seeing this a lot while navigating TV shows using stock Confluence with a tip of master XBMC Helix build... maybe the warning message itself is inappropriate?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Did you install xbmc Gotham at one point? I am wondering if your confluence was upgraded but not downgraded.
OpenELEC build, so I have whatever is on git. Unless its a database issue, the data would have been scraped under an earlier Gotham build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-05-27, 19:23)MilhouseVH Wrote: I'm seeing this a lot while navigating TV shows using stock Confluence with a tip of master XBMC Helix build... maybe the warning message itself is inappropriate?

Seeing that too

Quote:20:45:42 T:5600 WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://tvshows/genres/15/36/1/?genreid=15&tvshowid=36
20:45:42 T:5600 WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://tvshows/genres/15/36/2/?genreid=15&tvshowid=36
20:45:42 T:5600 WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://tvshows/genres/15/36/3/?genreid=15&tvshowid=36
20:45:42 T:5600 WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://tvshows/genres/15/36/-1/?genreid=15&tvshowid=36
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm getting one message for each season poster in "Thumbnail" view:
Code:
19:53:02 7023.519531 T:2889872464 WARNING: GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://tvshows/titles/115/1/?tvshowid=115
19:53:02 7023.520508 T:2889872464 WARNING: GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://tvshows/titles/115/2/?tvshowid=115
19:53:02 7023.520996 T:2889872464 WARNING: GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://tvshows/titles/115/3/?tvshowid=115
19:53:02 7023.521484 T:2889872464 WARNING: GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://tvshows/titles/115/4/?tvshowid=115
19:53:02 7023.521973 T:2889872464 WARNING: GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://tvshows/titles/115/-1/?tvshowid=115

The above is for four seasons, plus "All Seasons". I have valid artwork for each season, and all of the expected artwork is being displayed.

This is the build I'm using: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1721127
See those as well (only on thumbnail view)
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=212098
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-02-15, 02:13)jmarshall Wrote: It's nothing to worry about - it's simply telling a developer that there's some debugging that isn't appropriate.

It may be nothing to worry about, but it's setting off my OCD. Smile

Since this "inappropriate debugging" is present in Confluence, would it be possible for Confluence to be fixed (with advice on what other skins need to do likewise) and/or tone down this log message from WARNING to DEBUG?
It's not skin-specific. It'll happen regardless of skin in most cases.

IMO the warning is useless, so can just be removed directly from the code.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4895

Many thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unknown nodetype requested?0