Looking to Replace my HTPC with Google Android 4.0 Amlogic Cortex A9 WiFi HD 1080P HD
My HTPC Died!!! I Need to replace it so I tried a Blu Ray with DLNA Support. It really sucks. So I am looking on Ebay and ran across a Google Android 4.0 Amlogic Cortex A9 WiFi HD 1080P HDMI Internet TV Box 4GB V459 For less than 100 and am wondering if anyone has tried one.

From digging around in the forums it sounds like it will work but I am not sure.

Specs are.

CPU Amlogic-8726M3 Cortex A9, 1.2GHz
Operation System Android 4.0
User Interface Android System User Interface Style
Memory DDR3 1GB
Storage NAND flash 4GB
Support external SD card up to 32GB
Network WIFI: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Rj45 network connection interface
Web Browser Google Chrome
Firmware Upgrade Upgrade from SD card
Expansibility Download applications and games from Android Market
Online support Online video, music, picture, Internet TV, Internet Radio, etc.
GPU Integrated Mali-400 GPU (3D Acceleration Engine)
File system FAT(RW),FAT32(RW),NTFS
Video Format 1080P DIVX/H264/H263/AVI/FLV/m2ts/mkv/mp4/MJPEG/MPEG/rm/rmvb/MOV/BDAV/HTML5/vc1
Audio Format MP3, WMA, OGG, WAVE, AC3, DTS
Image Format BMP/JPG/PNG/GIF/JPEG/TIFF
Interface 3 * USB 2.0 HS
1 * SD/MMC/MS memory card slot
1 * RJ45 wire Ethernet connection
1 * HDMI output 1.3/1.4
1 * AV output
1 * Charging port
Other Color Black
Item Size 17 * 12 * 1.9cm
Item weight 188g
Package size 20.5 * 15.5 * 10cm
Package Weight 651g
Power Adapter Input AC100-240V 50/60Hz
Output DC5V 2A
Plug Standard US
Package including 1 * Google TV Box
1 * Power Adapter
1 * HDMI Cable
1 * AV Cable
1 * User Manual
Buy a Pivos Xios. Pivos are an XBMC sponsor and employ two XBMC developers. They have done all the hard work that the sellers if this generic box are exploiting. The Linux build is pretty good by all accounts, and just gets better.
(2013-02-15, 04:16)DrowningApe Wrote: Buy a Pivos Xios. Pivos are an XBMC sponsor and employ two XBMC developers. They have done all the hard work that the sellers if this generic box are exploiting. The Linux build is pretty good by all accounts, and just gets better.

Gonna give this one a shot. I will update when I get it.

JYNXBOX ANDROID HD SMART BOX PIVOS XIOS CORTEX XBMC ANDROID TV BOX
(2013-02-16, 08:46)Kilgorq Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 04:16)DrowningApe Wrote: Buy a Pivos Xios. Pivos are an XBMC sponsor and employ two XBMC developers. They have done all the hard work that the sellers if this generic box are exploiting. The Linux build is pretty good by all accounts, and just gets better.

Careful this is not a Pivos
Rainbow 
Wow, they even use Pivos XIOS in their title..... Amazing !

Why would you buy that when it costs more than the pivos and is essentially taking money out of the pockets of the company and dev's that have done all the hard work?
Get a Pivos Xios, I got one myself it works great and is exactly what you're looking for!
(2013-02-16, 11:10)touser Wrote:

Why would you buy that when it costs more than the pivos and is essentially taking money out of the pockets of the company and dev's that have done all the hard work?

I did not know there was a box actually call a XIOS. I though that it was a Type of Hardware. I am not familiar with all of the android stuff. I guess I am just getting too old. I have been using a amd athalon micro atx sytem till now. I already ordered it and I hope it will work. At least they have a satisfaction guarantee.

Also where do you find a XIOS sytem for cheaper. I looked after reading this and they run 175.00 Plus. But that is probably just where I am looking.
Amazon and newegg both sell it for $114.00, and occasionally for $100.00.
Quote:I did not know there was a box actually call a XIOS. I though that it was a Type of Hardware. I am not familiar with all of the android stuff.

Also where do you find a XIOS sytem for cheaper. I looked after reading this and they run 175.00 Plus. But that is probably just where I am looking.

Easy mistake, i picked mine up from amazon for $99 late december, it seems they are sold out of them now. Newegg has it for $115 which isn't bad: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6815645003

I would highly recommend putting the linux firmware on it instead of android, unless there are some specific android features you require. Here is a link to the latest linux image: http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=941

Installation of that image is very easy, copy it to a micro sd card and hold the reset button on the bottom of the unit while plugging power in, select apply update from sd card and browse to your sd card img file, hit ok and your done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking to Replace my HTPC with Google Android 4.0 Amlogic Cortex A9 WiFi HD 1080P HD0