• 27(current)
FFmpeg version bump + XBMC add-on patches.
I wrote in the other thread that we usually only do it once because depending on the changes done in ffmpeg it's quite some work.
With the latest raspbmc version http://www.raspbmc.com/ I end up in an endless loop with both xbmc-ffmpeg-n1.2-rbp-20130322.tar.gz and xbmc-ffmpeg-n1.1.3-rbp-20130318.tar.gz. Too bad I can't attach any error-logs.
Add them to pastebin.com and put the link in here.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I can't get a hold of the error-logs due to the never ending reboot loop. I have to re-install raspbmc from the beginning to get it to function again.

EDIT: I got it fixed, I downloaded the XBMC-Gotham nightly through Raspbmc and now I got no stutter in SVTplay and no endless restart loopings.
With latest gotham build, the subs keep vanishing again..

This really needs to be fixed again cause i have lots of movies with this problem.
Otherwise gotham is complete worthless to me and im stuck on frodo forever...

This is a regression which might be related to the ffmpeg bump to 1.2.

Theres a ticket on trac too
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14528

Memphiz already fixed this bug in frodo... But isnt in to it to fix it in gotham..
So the code fix is in there somewhere
Please somebody look at it before gotham release...
This is really a dealbraker....

See also http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119907&page=12
Any dev willing to look into this please?
This is really a "big"bug in xbmc (ffmpegplayer doesnt have it)
(2013-08-08, 08:51)Skank Wrote: Any dev willing to look into this please?
This is really a "big"bug in xbmc (ffmpegplayer doesnt have it)

stop pushing!
if you keep nagging this will just be ignored. besides we decide what a "big bug" is.
if it's that important don't use nightlies/monthlies
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Off course you guys decide... I just hope someone will put attention to this..
I don't understand why this wouldn't be an important issue, it's subtitles after all.
I have a hell of alot of movies with PGS subtitles and would rather not have to remux them into something else.
Sure i could stick with frodo, but there's so many good things about Gotham that i don't have problems with other than this sub issue.

I'm not saying drop everything to fix this but to at least look into it and eventually find a fix.
Seems to be alot of smart people working on xbmc, there has to be someone that cares as much as us right? It seemed that way last time it was fixed.
I can provide another sample if need be to look at.

Thanks guys and continue to bring us the best media player ever.
The base of active developers is not as big as you might think DoomBot - not everybody in the team is a developer and some retired or took a break
(2013-08-13, 21:18)da-anda Wrote: The base of active developers is not as big as you might think DoomBot - not everybody in the team is a developer and some retired or took a break

Oh wow i figured there were many people working on this. How many would you say there is?
Gee, give it a rest, they sure won't release Gotham without sub support. If a third dev replies to the sub topic, they might as well have taken the time inbetween them to squash the bug.
(2013-08-14, 10:07)cruse Wrote: Gee, give it a rest, they sure won't release Gotham without sub support.
doubtful
Quote: If a third dev replies to the sub topic, they might as well have taken the time inbetween them to squash the bug.
nope.

they will take care of it when some one find the time and feels like fixing it.
till then give it a rest or some one from outside of the team feels to fix it.
believe me there are way higher priorities than subtitles.
you can agree or disagree all you want but that doesn't help.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
pgs subs should be fixed in next nightly. Was indeed a regression after ffmpeg bump...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-08-15, 22:20)Memphiz Wrote: pgs subs should be fixed in next nightly. Was indeed a regression after ffmpeg bump...

Wow mate, you dont know how happy you make me!
Million times thank you!
Otherwise, truly gotham was worthless to me and i would miss a lot!

One small question, does this mean the bug will come back after every ffmpeg bump? So for example, when xbmc 14 is coming and they bump ffmpeg, it will be here again?

Again, very much appreciated to fix the bug mate!
Thank you!
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FFmpeg version bump + XBMC add-on patches.0