Select director to see all movies
Is there a way to select the director and see what other films they directed similar to selecting actors using the Metropolis skin?

TIA,

AL
Assuming you have your movies scanned into your library: Videos > Movies > Directors

By the way, this is general XBMC navigation and not unique to Metropolis (moved thread to General Help and Support).
Let me clarify, when using the Aeon Nox skin, i can select info for the movie and then select director to see all their movies without going out to the main menu.

I cannot do that using Metropolis, which is why i thought it was skin related.

TIA

AL
It's not a bug in Metropolis, no, but you're asking for a feature to be added there.

I'll look into what Aeon Nox does and see if it's worth adding to Metropolis.
Jingai,

Thank you for the consideration.
I see what you mean.

Best I can do right now is add it as a requested feature.
Slightly off subject but "from my layman's perspective", if you're working on the Actor/Director info, maybe that would be a good time to add the respective roles beside the actor's names. I often don't know an actor's name and resort to finding him or her by their role in the movie I'm watching. Bet I'm not alone.

Regardless of the inclusion of this or any other feature, Metropolis is a wonderful skin. I love the Steampunk theme. Thank you for all your hard work, it does not go unappreciated.
I'll add it to the TODO list. Right now, when I do have time to work on this again, I will be focusing on basic Isengard (15.0) support first, though.
So I took a minute to apply this to a clean master.

Now when you press Up it will allow you to select and highlight the words "Director" or "Actors", selecting actors will do what it always has done, but selecting Director will start a search using the Director(s) name(s).

Now if there is more than one director it's probably not going to work right (it does a dumb library search, so if your tags are wrong/missing it will not work)

Here is this in a fresh build off the master.

Whether or not it makes it into the official is not up to me. (You could also just drop the DialogVideoInfo.xml file into your 720p folder if you like)

Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Here's part two for the actor roles.

Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Select director to see all movies0