No sound through HDMI xbmcbuntu frodo
Hi,

I installed Frodo last night, but have problems with no sound. Not even in xbmcbuntu the sound works. In xbmc I've set it to HDA NVIDIA, HDMI on output and passthrough. I have no Linux experience, so I have no clue to what to do.

I've got a ZBOX HD-ND22 pc ( ION ), and the setup worked fine with EDEN.

Hope someone can help.
try this

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba
sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc-bin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-bin

Many AE fixes gone in since your version.

if not see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655 comply and try again.

uNi
Thanks for your reply, but the update did'nt work.... As I mentioned I have no experience whatsoever with Linux, so I dont even know how to get the debug log posted. I'll google it and try to post it as soon as possible.
Saying it didnt work is vague and your original post was also vague hence why I linked you to somewhere which tell you waht info you should post and how to get it (for novice users alike) on how to posts a debug log (wiki) and what information we need in order to provide help.

In your own time.

uNi
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/1662862/

Here is my debug log.

Sorry for being so vague, but I don't know where to start and not what to write. Everything works fine except the audio. I think the driver for the soundcard must be the problem, but I haave no clue on how to update or change that.
wiki is a good place to start XBMC_for_Linux_specific_FAQ#No_sound_in_XBMC (wiki) screenshots of your xbmc audio settings would help, screenshots of alsamixer via ssh to make sure spdif 1 (aka HDMI) is not muted.

Your issue has been covered to death in forums and internet in general so your expected to do some research and especially since you dont know what info to provide to actually comply fully with providing all information as is explained http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655 < really read it and comply.
the debug log is 1 small piece of puzzle and only covers about 30% of information.

Searching will get you 80% way there and reading another 20%

uNi
Nothing is muted. spdif1, was muted, but is now unmuted, but im sad to say that there still is no sound.

Tried it out with the analog output, and it works, but I want the HDMI to work...

Anyway, the kids are watching a movie now, so I'll post all details later.
if spdif1 is now unmuted its a question of setting up xbmc properly see second link on my signature.

uNi
Thank you again uNi - I reinstalled due to my own stupidity with my library server. Again I had to hunt down my audio issues, and again I found a post of yours to solve the issue.
Home built Solaris 11.1 server, ZFS 4 x 3Tb pool, RAIDZ to 9Tb space.
NFS & SMB shares.
Asrock E350M1 mob with 8G RAM running KODI from a 16G USB stick

HDMI -> Yamaha 5.1 -> 60" Sharp LCD -
AR XSight Color Remote

Happy Wife. Nearly.
May as well link to that post (I made many on HDMI audio issues so idk which) and mark this as solved Wink

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound through HDMI xbmcbuntu frodo0