ITunes intercepting IR Remote commands (windows)
Hi guys,

After playing around with Android and ATV2 XBMC I decided to go all out and built a new Windows based system for it. This system runs XBMC and iTunes (and some other services like Subsonic, Crashplan, uTorrent, etc). So far I'm loving the XBMC experience on a "real" computer! Hats off to all of the developers, this has come a long way since I first tried it out on a first wen Xbox.

However there's one issue that I'm having trouble with: I run iTunes (minimized) because I like to send my music around the house to a few Airport Express devices. iTunes seems to be "stealing" certain IR commands. My IR remote is a MCE remote, with a USB IR receiver. So far the "stop" key seems to be the only offender that I've identified, but it's a pain because it doesn't work at all in XBMC if I have iTunes running at the same time (iTunes gets the signal instead and stops whatever it's playing). If I close out iTunes, the stop key starts working again in XBMC.

Any ideas? iTunes has a setting to turn off keyboard control and I've tried that but it didn't change anything.

Thanks,
Aaron
Looks like EventGhost might solve this. Reading up on how to use it.
You can configure the mce remote to send key press instead of playback ir commands. Use a tool like mceremotemapper.exe or xbmccustomregis by elitegamer360.
Thanks! I ended up installing EventGhost and spending some time with it. Pretty awesome utility. I've fixed my issue with iTunes, and mapped a bunch of custom actions as well. I used keystrokes for most of it.

Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ITunes intercepting IR Remote commands (windows)0