Solved nextPVR connection lost
Hi,

I followed the wiki and have the following setup

backend - WHS2011 with nextPVR ver 2.5.9 installed, channels found and EPG guide updated. (so I guess this end is all OK)

client end - Win7 with XBMC 12.0 frodo - I've enabled the NextPVR addon and left everything at default, the only setting I have changed is the IP of teh server which is 192.168.1.164

I've disabled the firewall on both the server & the PC in case that was blocking it but I still get the same message. The log from the PC is below - can anyone help with troubleshooting as I'm not sure what to try next.

Thanks,
worto.

Quote:19:03:05 T:4328 ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://192.168.1.164:8866/service?method=session.initiate&ver=1.0&device=xbmc>
19:03:05 T:4328 ERROR: ADDON: Dll NextPVR PVR Client - Client returned bad status (1) from Create and is not usable
19:03:05 T:4328 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on NextPVR PVR Client, status = 1
19:03:05 T:4308 NOTICE: Thread CAddonStatusHandler:pvr.nextpvr start, auto delete: true
19:03:16 T:4328 WARNING: XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28
19:03:16 T:4328 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
19:03:16 T:4328 ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://192.168.1.164:8866/service?method=session.initiate&ver=1.0&device=xbmc>
19:03:16 T:4328 ERROR: ADDON: Dll NextPVR PVR Client - Client returned bad status (1) from Create and is not usable
19:03:16 T:4328 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on NextPVR PVR Client, status = 1
19:03:16 T:3532 NOTICE: Thread CAddonStatusHandler:pvr.nextpvr start, auto delete: true
It looks like the request never made it to the server. Maybe you've got a firewall running on the server?
OK - maybe I'll install wireshark on the server when the kids have gone to bed - the firewall is off on both the server and client.

Edit - I've got wireshark on the server and the packets are defiantly getting there on port 8866. I'm a bit stuck now does anyone have any ideas or are there any other logs I can post? I can't see anything relevant in the nextpvr logs.

Thanks for any help,
worto.
Can you connect to the web server with a browser http://192.168.1.164:8866 to rule out permissions and networking?

If its a different subnet the web server you might need to config.xml

<AllowRemoteStreaming>true</AllowRemoteStreaming>

If that doesn't work you need to zip and upload your nextpvr logs to the nextpvr forum.

Martin
Hi - thanks for the reply, I can't connect to the web server either.

All on the same subnet.

should I be able to connect to http://192.168.1.164:8866 from the server itself or http://127.0.0.1:8866 because neither of those work either?
You have disabled the web server in NextPVR? That is needed for the XBMC clients to function.

This is controlled by a checkbox on the Settings->Clients screen.
Thanks - I don't have a settings > client section.

I do have Settings > NNT & Web which has what was default still in it

enable web server - ticked
web server port 8866
username : admin
password *********

I don't know what that password is but in the xbox settings I just have a pin number of 0000 and no user ID or password option?

Thanks for all your help guys!
Yes it should connect on the server itself without any issues. Are you sure you have the recording service running? Did you read that bit about the logs?

Martin
(2013-02-17, 18:34)emveepee Wrote: Yes it should connect on the server itself without any issues. Are you sure you have the recording service running? Did you read that bit about the logs?

Martin

Thanks for the help troubleshooting guys - it's working now!

Once you told me about the web server and that xbmc needs it & that I should be able to connect to that from the server too it narrowed down where the problem was (I was concentrating more on the client thinking it was a problem there) , I had a poke around and rebooted the server again (I didn't change much so it may have just been the additional reboot that was needed)

Blush

I'm not sure though because I've rebooted at least twice since the problem started, once for sure at the end of the wireshark install.

Anyway as soon as the web service worked locally it also worked fine remotely too & the xbmc plugin started to work too. Still a few things to work out but at least I have a working connection between the two now.

Cheers,
worto.
How do you get the recording service running? What bit about what logs? How did you get yours to work?
(2015-06-20, 06:51)mrhuston Wrote: How do you get the recording service running?
It's running by default as soon as you install NextPVR. If NextPVR itself is working, then your recording service is running and functional. (since it's responsible for live tv and recordings etc)
I had this same exact issue. After reading this I decided to figure out what service it was that wasn't working right and found that NPVR service was stopped for some reason. All I needed to do was start that instead of restart the whole server. Works great now.

Good luck

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nextPVR connection lost0