Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "Unknown"
    # 23.976 and 24.0 refresh rates
    ModeLine       "1920x1080_24" 74.250 1920 2558 2602 2750 1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync
    ModeLine       "1920x1080_23.976" 74.175 1920 2558 2602 2750 1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync
    Option         "DPMS"
    Option         "DPI" "96 x 96"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    #
    # This is the first step
    # Uncomment the ModeDebug option and reboot
    # get the nvidia xconfig, see:
    # http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Config_EDID_nvidia
    # you only need to download the version for your setup (32 or 64)
    # and issue one command afterwards
    #
    # Option         "ModeDebug" "true"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "ColorRange" "FULL" # Set to Limited if all is too dark
    Option         "ColorSpace" "RGB"
    Option         "DynamicTwinView" "false"
    Option         "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "True"
    # this is the second step
    # check /var/log/Xorg.0.0.log to see if your nvidia is realy DFP-1
    # could also be DFP-0 or something else
    # make sure your TV can do 60hz
    # uncomment all the next options, adjust DFP-1 to DFP-X e.g. DFP-0 or DFP-2 if needed
      Option         "VertRefresh"  "DFP-2: 23-60"
      Option         "HorizSync"    "DFP-2: 25-100"
       Option         "ModeValidation" "DFP-2: NoVesaModes, NoXServerModes"
       Option         "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-2"
       Option         "CustomEDID" "DFP-2:/etc/X11/edid.bin"
       Option         "UseEDID" "true"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
   Option         "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

And post the same again? You can obviously change the Color flags - but keep the rest as is, please. Just for the output - color can be fixed later.

Edit: Missed to remove a # - so make sure VertRefresh is uncommented.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
OK, I'll give those a try when I'm home later today.
So that moved my 24Hz line and added a new one:
Code:
<mode id="0x1e7" name="1920x1080" w="1920" h="1080" hz="60.00000" current="true" preferred="true"/>
    <mode id="0x1e8" name="1920x1080" w="1920" h="1080" hz="24.00000" current="false" preferred="false"/>
    <mode id="0x1e9" name="1920x1080" w="1920" h="1080" hz="23.97576" current="false" preferred="false"/>

And now I have a 23.98Hz option. 23.97 is there also, do I need to worry about that being selected instead? Or is the player smart enough to lock on the closest mode? I'm running a movie right now, 8 minutes in and no messages in the log and 23.98 is selected. I'm going to let this run for a bit and see what happens.

*Update* Spoke too soon, 8.5 minutes and an underrun occurred. That was without Sync playback to display on. Trying again with Audio clock.
So after changing to audio clock the first two times I started a movie there was no audio, on the second attempt I hit fast forward for a moment and then the audio kicked in. I stopped the movie and started again and the audio started up ok, although there were some errors. After 102 minutes there was one underrun error. Here's a log.
Seems to be the maximum that is possible with current AE design, meaning: better is not possible right now.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Well the number of drops has been reduced significantly, so that's something to be thankful for. I'll be keeping an eye out for future updates. Thanks.
fritsch, I took a look into what the modelines mean, and I decided to play with the clock speed a bit, I changed it to 74.176 and got 23.97608, I checked and the difference between that and 23.976 is exactly 1/3 of the difference when the clock is set to 74.175. Any idea if that will change things?

Also, I increased the pause for when I start for the video sync to five seconds, and the sound started right away and no underrun error was reported at the beginning of playback as was happening with a 3 second pause.
What AE does on the start is "random" - Buffers are not yet fully up, it just does not know what is going on and GetDelay() delivers bogus values.
Hi guys,

This thread is almost a year old. Does anyone know if this issue has been addressed with Gotham Beta1?

Has anyone gone one whole DTS HD Master audio movie without any drop outs?

Thanks.
Intel Core i7 3.3Ghz | GTX 1660 | Windows 1909 | 8GB | 32TB RAID1
138" 2.35:1 Elite Lunette Curved Screen | Epson 6050ub Projector | Marantz SR-6014 | Emotiva XPA-11
I've been running 13 for a while now, and it seems pretty reliable. I haven't had any audio drop outs in some time. I recall reading that there issues with AE in 12 that couldn't be fixed and a rewrite was basically performed on it for 13. At this point I'm pretty damn happy with it.
Thanks KeithLM. That is encouraging. I think is time to take the plunge then and join the beta testers. Smile
I was running 13 Alpha for a while, but ended up removing it due to no HD audio. Later I found out it was Pulse Audio all along.
I configured ALSA with Frodo 12.3 and other than that drop out glitch, everything is peachy.

I'll see if I re-install 13 beta tonight.

Thanks again.
Intel Core i7 3.3Ghz | GTX 1660 | Windows 1909 | 8GB | 32TB RAID1
138" 2.35:1 Elite Lunette Curved Screen | Epson 6050ub Projector | Marantz SR-6014 | Emotiva XPA-11
Pulse Audio, such a nightmare. I think they have it working now with Pulse, but life has been easier without it. Linux audio is a bitch, in the past I had systems where I mangled the audio so bad I had to reinstall the OS. It's just nastiness. But with ALSA only and XBMC, it's now easy and straightforward. They've got the HDMI connection nailed down so that I can easily choose the device because it actually shows my receiver in the device name. For me the Beta is rock solid, and the Alpha from early January was pretty good too. But I deleted Pulse a long time ago, back when 12 was fairly fresh, and that made everything much more straightforward.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Occasional audio drop-out with DTS-HD0