XBMC and DirecTV / DirecTV Genie
With changes coming to my local cable provider, I'm seriously looking into signing up for DirecTV. However, I'm curious on how this can interact with XBMC.

Currently, I use cable with no converter boxes + antenna (for HD). I can connect as many tuner cards as I want (have 5 HVR-1800 plus 1 old PVR-500). Each TV tuner is in its own computer, but I could always move the cards in a single computer as a network/server based setup.

I know with DirecTV I will have to pay for each "TV connection", which is a drawback. However, this cost may be negligible with cable company changes. So I have been looking at the DirecTV "Genie" setup, with a total of 4 tuners.

Obviously this will limit the amount of tuners I can use (down from unlimited to 4), but what other configuration/setup do I need to account for. Can I still view live TV in XBMC? Or do I need to look at having the TV "portion" in a separate HDMI connection to each TV and then another HDMI source as XBMC (with movies, music, recorded tv, etc., etc.)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and DirecTV / DirecTV Genie0