TV Season Box shots
Hello,

I'm trying to understand what filenames XBMC and namely skins like Aeon MQ 4 are looking at in order to populate the box shot of a particular season for TV shows.

Example... TV Show named 'ABC' has 5 seasons, when I navigate to the show itself and 5 seasons are revealed... at this point it depends on the view I'm in as to whether or not artwork is used. Lets say I'm using the popular 'Shelf' view from either Neon or Aeon MQ 3/4, where each season is represented by what looks like a Bluray box and you scroll left to right to go from season 1 -> 2 -> 3.

Question is... how can I manually manage the box/artwork used to represent a season ? I ask because I've got the artwork downloader plugin and it has created many JPG files at the root of the ABC show for each season, but one of the seasons is not represented by the JPG file created when I export my library.

What is XBMC looking for? How can I manage (though the GUI or filenames on filesystem) the boxshot? Is it skin-dependent?

Thanks,
HTPC Arctic MC101 -- A10 - 160GB ssd || HD-PLEX H.5 - Core i3 2100 - AMD 6450 - 64GB ssd
Equipment 70" Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD -- Onkyo TX-NR5008 -- Emotiva XPA-3 -- PS3 Slim 160GB
Speakers Paradigm Studio 100 v5 -- Paradigm Studio CC690 v5 -- Paradigm Studio Sub12 -- Paradigm Millenia ADP (surround and surround back)
MISC Standout Designs Haven 82 stand
It varies from skin to skin and versions of XBMC.

Frodo though has attempted to standardise artwork naming conventions, as per the FAQ.

On MQ4 if you highlight the season you want to chance the cover for and press the c key to entre the contextual menu, then you can manually select the thumbnail/poster/cover you require.
Thanks so much for this reply, it's very helpful and gets right to the nuts & bolts of the mechanics... just what I was looking for Smile
HTPC Arctic MC101 -- A10 - 160GB ssd || HD-PLEX H.5 - Core i3 2100 - AMD 6450 - 64GB ssd
Equipment 70" Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD -- Onkyo TX-NR5008 -- Emotiva XPA-3 -- PS3 Slim 160GB
Speakers Paradigm Studio 100 v5 -- Paradigm Studio CC690 v5 -- Paradigm Studio Sub12 -- Paradigm Millenia ADP (surround and surround back)
MISC Standout Designs Haven 82 stand
Your welcome Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Season Box shots0