Anyone installed xbmc on roku yet?
Sad 
If so, it work ok? Sick of waiting for Apple TV 3 jailbreak
No.
It's on the "to be ported to" list after PS2, N64, Toaster, and my amputated testicle.
(2013-02-18, 08:30)Ned Scott Wrote: It's on the "to be ported to" list after PS2, N64, Toaster, and my amputated testicle.

lol, Seriously though which devices are being worked on?
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
haha, thanks for the info Smile
All idiot comments aside, are we really to believe that the poorman's Apple TV 2 is getting no love? I'm looking to cut energy costs down and get rid of a few desktops that do nothing but stream movies and series... Apple TV 2's are hella expensive because they can be jail broken. I've looked into Plex (which DOES have support for the Roku devices), but I'll be damned if I have to set up a NAS server that actually has to have the balls to transcode 1080p videos.

Xbmc + Roku = Native Transcoding on Roku for ultimate cost-saving atom-running gigabit NAS. Seriously zero development here?
(2013-03-06, 14:03)jackharvest Wrote: All idiot comments aside, are we really to believe that the poorman's Apple TV 2 is getting no love? I'm looking to cut energy costs down and get rid of a few desktops that do nothing but stream movies and series... Apple TV 2's are hella expensive because they can be jail broken. I've looked into Plex (which DOES have support for the Roku devices), but I'll be damned if I have to set up a NAS server that actually has to have the balls to transcode 1080p videos.

Xbmc + Roku = Native Transcoding on Roku for ultimate cost-saving atom-running gigabit NAS. Seriously zero development here?

I did plex and it works fine. Actually, I do plex on my ipad and airstream it to my apple tv 3 also until the jailbreak is done. It plays everything just fine, and I get a couple channels that hulu doesn't offer Smile

I just have a windows home server, nothing fancy, streaming to the roku over power over ethernet devices, adn just wifi on the apple tv 3 (or ipad then airstream).

All of my movies are direct rips in .mkv format, including the HD audio track, then compressed using ripbot. Each file is full 1080p with HD audio, and are around 10-25gb in size, play flawlessly.

But, Plex interface sucks lol
(2013-03-06, 15:40)dzirkelb Wrote:
(2013-03-06, 14:03)jackharvest Wrote: All idiot comments aside, are we really to believe that the poorman's Apple TV 2 is getting no love? I'm looking to cut energy costs down and get rid of a few desktops that do nothing but stream movies and series... Apple TV 2's are hella expensive because they can be jail broken. I've looked into Plex (which DOES have support for the Roku devices), but I'll be damned if I have to set up a NAS server that actually has to have the balls to transcode 1080p videos.

I did plex and it works fine. Actually, I do plex on my ipad and airstream it to my apple tv 3 also until the jailbreak is done. It plays everything just fine, and I get a couple channels that hulu doesn't offer Smile

I just have a windows home server, nothing fancy, streaming to the roku over power over ethernet devices, adn just wifi on the apple tv 3 (or ipad then airstream).

All of my movies are direct rips in .mkv format, including the HD audio track, then compressed using ripbot. Each file is full 1080p with HD audio, and are around 10-25gb in size, play flawlessly.

So you've converted your movies to be Plex compatible so that transcoding doesn't happen? Or does transcoding happen, and your Windows Server is powerful enough to transcode it?

Again, XBMC's interface and support is beat by nobody, which is the reason it's such a shame it isn't on the Roku platform. Good to know though. Thank you.
(2013-03-06, 15:40)dzirkelb Wrote:

Hey i have xbmc on my ipad 2 but i cant do a full screen? Can you help me? Pm me please.. Im new to this...
(2013-03-06, 21:33)Kilrdiablo Wrote: Hey i have xbmc on my ipad 2 but i cant do a full screen? Can you help me? Pm me please.. Im new to this...

This thread regarding the possibility of running XBMC on Roku is located in the Android Support forum. Have you searched, read or asked over in the iOS Support forum regarding your iPad question? http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=137

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone installed xbmc on roku yet?0