Solved "NO AUDIO" Icon Upper Right Corner
I have be swapping out PCs in an effort to find the best PC for XBMC w/o wasting a lot of hardware.

During the course of this, I have had really bad audio issues.. Most have been attributed to Winblows and PC Hardware issues but, during the course of all the work, an icon appeared in the upper right of the XBMC (EDEN) screen. A speaker symbol with a red circle with a line thru it, indicating ( I assume) no audio...

I don't know when or how that Icon appeared and I can't seem to find any setting within XBMC that allows me to change it..

I DO have audio... Well, I DID last night. It's frak'ed up again, but that icon appears whether I get audio or not.

While I don't think it will help my Winblows/Audio issues, I would like to at least eliminate that icon showing as a possibility..

Any hints, tips or assistance would be most appreciated..
you muted audio By pressing F8 or something hence the red speaker

Press '+' or 'F10' red speaker should disappear.

uNi
(2013-02-18, 17:50)uNiversal Wrote: you muted audio By pressing F8 or something hence the red speaker

Press '+' or 'F10' red speaker should disappear.

uNi

That did it!! Big Grin Thanx..

I was concentrating so much on settings w/in XBMC, that it didn't even occur to me it might be an errant keyboard keystroke. Big Grin

Unfortunately, it didn't do anything for my overall audio issue... Maybe it's something as simple..

It's a Winblows 7 Home Premium setup using optical audio hooked into a Stereo Home Theater system. I get audio fine if I am watching 720p MP4s and MKVs, but anything lower than that (normal x264 MP4s) the audio is very faint. I have to crank up the volume on the stereo to max and it's hear-able but not very loud.

I have messed with the SYSTEM/AUDIO settings within XBMC so much, I am wondering if I messed something up there..

Thanx again. VERY much appreciate it.
It depends on options on your XBMC audio settinsg and what your home theatre system supports audio wise, see my siganture's 2n link for how to setup XBMC.

I dont use windows but all the information is on wiki both how to setup windows and XBMC from the link on my sig you can find all this info.

uNi
That info in your sig really helped a lot..

I found that if I hit the white button (on the XBOX1 Controller) and go into the AUDIO OPTIONs while the x264 .MP4 is paused, I can adjust the audio so it's loud.... Dunno why I have to do it for each playing, but it seems to work.,

Thanx again...
Excellent please feel free to ful edit main post and select solved from drop-down-menu on the left from subject line.

+1

uNi
F8 was my fix as well. Thanks guys!
Totes F8

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"NO AUDIO" Icon Upper Right Corner1