Update library with GUI button on home menu
In Aeon Nox I can set up an icon on the home menu to update the library. It is super easy, it took me 30 seconds to setup just by clicking a few items.

Is it possible to do this in Confluence?

Auto update on startup is overkill, it spins up my server too much. C context menu is no good for family and kids especially. Update using the timer doesnt suit.

This works brilliantly in Aeon Nox and everyone in my home understands it. But Aeon Nox doesnt suit some of my HTPCs. Is it possible to set up something simple and one-click in Confluence?
Not available with standard Confluence. You may be able to do something similar using one of the modified Confluence skins that allow you to define custom buttons on the home page. The button can be assigned to a Favourite that you defined to update the video library. Another option is to map a keyboard key or remote control button to perform a library update.
Or you simply check IncludeHomeMenuItems.xml and add a new button to a home menu entry of you choice by adding the following code (needs slight adjustment):
PHP Code:
<control type="button" id="ENTER-UNIQUE-ID">
    <include>
ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
    <
label>Update Library</label>
    <
onclick>UpdateLibrary(video)</onclick>
</
control

mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -