cmyth where database host != backend host
Hi,

I was wondering if there are plans to merge in the db_host/db_port mythtv code/config into the main pvr plugins branch. These settings are needed for setups where the db isn't running on the same host as the backend.

The changes have already been made in in the fetzerch branch (https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/branches) and with them, I can use the myth plugin. However, on my raspberry pi (raspbmc) I'm out of luck and I don't really feel like cross-compiling.

Thoughts?
Waiting for the changes to be merged in the main pvr branch, you could setup a transparent proxy on your mythbackend host, so that every connection attempt to the mysql port will be forwarded to the actual database server host.

As an example, assuming that your network is configured as follows:

database host IP: 192.168.0.100
mythbacked host IP: 192.168.0.101
pvr client host IP: 192.168.0.102
mysql port: 3306

issue the following commands as root on the mythbacked host:

Code:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 192.168.0.102 -p tcp --dport 3306 -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.100
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.102 -d 192.168.0.100 -j SNAT --to 192.168.0.101

As this setup will not survive a reboot, you should add those commands to your /etc/rc.local script
(2013-02-19, 11:46)cuccuizzo Wrote: Waiting for the changes to be merged in the main pvr branch

Looks like Lars beat me to it. The changes were already pulled in here.

Thats sweet, I'll go bug the rasbmc guys now if they haven't already made the change.

Also, cuccuizzo -- thanks for responding.

Thanks all!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cmyth where database host != backend host0