No audio using XBMC v12 - Frodo app
I'm running XBMC on a Windows 7 machine. I have no audio when running XBMC. I have audio when running ITunes but not XBMC.

Under XBMC/settings/system/audio output, I selected HDMI with 5.1 speaker config.

Any suggestions?
What is the output source? that is what is the most important!

you will need to select something like DirectSound: HDMI

System -> Settings -> System -> Audio Output -> (Towards the bottom) Audio Output Device -> DirectSound HDMI

This should get you fixed up.

Keep in mind there is another thread about this randomly changing as a heads up. mine changes to SPDIF a lot! Drives me nuts

The top part is just how the audio outputs and if you want to use through DTS type devices however the output is what it actually outputs through!

There are also 2 types DirectSound and WASPI (using HD i have had tons of issues with WASPI i would recommend DirectSound)
Thanks for the help. The Audio Output device states:

DirectSound HDMI (Samsung (Intel® Display Audio), DirectSound HDMI (Samsung (Intel® Display Audio)

For some reason, the "DirectSound HDMI" repeats twice.

How do I change it?
Well the up/down will select the device, once you click back from that it should save.
DirectSound HDMI is selected but still no audio through XBMC. The other option is WASAPI.

The problem appears to affect XBMC only. Other apps work fine.

Again,Thanks for your help.
Not enough info for us to help you, but here are some tips- Audio output configurations-
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks for the tips. Adjusting the configuration fixed the issue.
(2013-02-19, 19:18)oasistech Wrote: Thanks for the tips. Adjusting the configuration fixed the issue.
I'm glad that you got it to work.....Nod
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Also make sure you have the volume in XBMC turned up by pressing the plus key (+). For some reason that occasionally gets turned silent for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio using XBMC v12 - Frodo app0