Harmony One + flirc + XBMC
(2013-02-25, 09:00)taalas Wrote: If the next firmware version will allow me to use a non-TV profile for the flirc I will gladly wait til it's out. In general I think it would be a great idea to start some kind of Tutorial for much used combinations of devices (I guess a Harmony + flirc + XBMC is used by a couple of people). While configuring the single devices isn't that hard, I think presenting a tested and tried basic solution which works out of the box (meaning a Tutorial detailing all settings, key delays in Harmony, key delays in flirc, etc.) might be very helpful. I will gladly help if I can...

Feedback noted Smile

I'll try and put something together at a later date. Glad you're enjoying Flirc.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
(2013-02-23, 17:30)PH-SYM Wrote: I have set the following delays for the Flirc device in Harmony:
Power on delay: 8000
Inter-key delay: 0
Input delay: 500
Inter-device delay: 500

This should eliminate almost all lag.

Good luck,
Allard.

Thanks i was just looking for this - got my Flirc yesterday and got the basics working with harmony one & xbmc remote and its very laggy..

Will try this in the evening..

Sam
Looking forward to hearing if the settings reduce the lag considerably...I haven't had time to do any more experiments yet, and now that a new FW is on the way I might wait to try using a HTPC profile then...
Samuk has been posting on Flirc forums, check out how it's going: http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/4...c-harmony/
(I thought posting this would be the most transparent way sharing his/her's experience)
Smile

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Thanks for the link, Chris. It seems that lagging is still an issue, right?
Hi

Not sure if lagging and slow response from buttons are the same..

could this be a generic Harmony issue? as i have the same sluggish issue when controlling my Humax Free Sat Box
Hi everyone I'm a newby to this site and the world of XBMC etc. I've been following the thread because I have bought a Flirc. I've got a Harmony Touch and my Raspberry Pi is up and working but I just can't seem to get my flirc to work on it. So right now I am stuck using a plug-in keyboard. I followed the TV profile route by putting the suggested Panasonic TV device on to my Harmony Touch. I did have one question here - in loading the device on to MyHarmony I was asked what input for the Panasonic. I tried each of (a) no input and (b) HDMI 1. But neither has worked. I did however get the flirc to react to the harmony for basic up, down, etc.commands. But when I point the harmony to the flirc in the RP no reaction. Any ideas?

Apologies I am asking a silly question here, but we newbies have got to start somewhere. Thanks in advance.
(2013-07-18, 02:08)Andrew2013 Wrote: Hi everyone I'm a newby to this site and the world of XBMC etc. I've been following the thread because I have bought a Flirc. I've got a Harmony Touch and my Raspberry Pi is up and working but I just can't seem to get my flirc to work on it...

Apologies I am asking a silly question here, but we newbies have got to start somewhere. Thanks in advance.

Check into whatever you're using for a Power Supply and ensure it is providing enough power to supply the FLIRC with what it needs. I ran into this issue myself recently and spent a good share of time trying to figure this out - turns out the USB cord I had plugged into a 9ft extension wasn't the best idea.

I switched to the latest BETA firmware for the FLIRC, too, which may work well for 90% of the keys you need. I set my TV/Raspberry Pi up with my actual TV, then FLIRC/XBMC, then the Panasonic TV. The only keys I needed to map for my Harmony (Harmony One) was the Menu, Exit, Guide, + and E. The rest were done for me automatically (I just put random inputs from the Panasonic TV in those slots, then set them up with the correct shortcut keys / keys I wanted in FLIRC using the XBMC keyboard shortcut Wiki).

Hopefully that helps!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony One + flirc + XBMC0